10.

Aaina

Aaina.

By now I was used to the empty cold bed, the lonely sheets, and the company of my own.

The warmth that engulfed my body made if hard for me to open my eyes. Even though it had felt like only a few hours had gone by since I slept, my body still craved for more sleep.

Last night had been pleasant, it hadn't been hurtful like the first few times, infact it had felt more intimate, more cozy, comfortable even.

Somehow, I had reached a certain level of comfort with Zaydaan last night. I had been able to move and twist, I had been able to talk to him and even though yesterday was horrifying at first, it had turned into a bitter sweet memory at the very end.

The kisses, oh the kisses. I couldn't get enough of them and he made them hard to get for me.

After that one breathtaking kiss, he had kept it to minimum only giving me a forehead kiss after our intimacy last night. I needed more but he didn't give it to me.

I didn't ask for it either.

It wasn't until I turned my body towards the left side of the bed that I realised Zaydaan hadn't left. He was on his way to leave.

With his usual suit and his hair flawlessly styled, he looked every bit of a new generation foreign minister.

"You're leaving." I stated, a small yawn escaping my mouth as he looked at me.

Clearly, he was in a good mood as he gave me a small smile.

"It's twelve." He informed.

We had slept at four in the morning which meant that I had slept for more than eight hours, without even realising it.

"Oh, I didn't realise." I muttered, yawning again and leaning back..

I pushed myself against the headboard, sitting with my legs crossed. He wore his watch and then sat on the edge of the bed, wearing his shoes.

His head turned to look at me.

"I didn't want to wake you since we were up till late."

He told me. I barely nodded.

Even if I get up, there would be nothing to do. Maybe I should sleep for another few hours.

"Yeah."

"Will you be back soon?" I questioned him.

Maybe, we could spend some time together. We could talk about normal things, I could ask him what kind of food he liked, what was his favourite holiday destination, what was his favourite colour, these were such basic questions, but I didn't know the answer to a single one of them.

He thought for a minute or so before shrugging.

"I have a press conference but I might be home after that."