45. FINAL CHAPTER.

In which Zayla wants some lipstick

"Mama, that..."

Zayla announced, toddling her way towards Aaina's dressing and trying to stand on the stool that helped her look into the mirror.

Aaina looked at her three year old, dressed in a purple cotton dress, with her headband on and her chubby hands trying to hold the table.

She smiled at her trying over and over again, before Aaina herself picked the little girl and made her stand on the stool.

"That.." She said again and her mother glanced at the lipsticks that Zayla was pointing at repeatedly.

"That's lipstick, Zayla. You need lipstick, baby?"

Her daughter nodded immediately.

"And why is that?" Aaina questioned, her little girl pouted for a moment before giving her mother a serious look.

"To look pretty." She replied, as if it was the most serious thing in the world.

The first lady brushed her daughter's hair as she heard her words.

"But you're already so pretty, my love. Why do you need to be more pretty?" Aaina questioned her daughter who merely shrugged.

Sometimes, she looked so much like Zaydaan.

"For Ahad chachu."

Aaina stifled a laugh, now realising what all of this was really about. Ever since the day she was born, Zayla and Ahad had an incredible bond.

She was always on his lap, always eating with him, if she was in a mood and Aaina or Zaydaan couldn't get her to sleep, Ahad would be able to do the job.

He would tell her that she was the most beautiful girl in the world and she would giggle.

Every time there was any gathering, she would be found with her uncle Ahad.

Aaina loved the fact that her best friend loved her like his own, and her brother in law cared for his niece like she was his own daughter.

Aaina continued to apply her makeup, brushing her face with the highlight and then applying her pink colored lipstick.

She glanced at her daughter, who was looking at her with such hope in her eyes and a pout on her lips, waiting that she would get a chance at applying the lipstick too.

Aaina chuckled and leaned down, putting a little pink color on her finger and then applying it on Zayla's lips.

She giggled, turning around to look at herself in the mirror.

"Happy now?"

Aaina asked, kissing the top of her head and lifting her from the stool and lowering her back on the floor.