14.

Aaina

Aaina.

Life is funny that way. You think things are going well, you think that you're finally going to be happy, that you have what it takes to be satisfied in life, that you can be with that certain someone and you can love, you can live.

But one mistake, of not listening to him or not talking to him about things that matter, of not being what he wants you to be, of making mistakes, of not knowing what mistakes you have made and still regretting everything, and you're back to square one.

How can a person do that? How can a person get over such a thing so quickly? How can a person just leave without even talking to you? How can a person be so intimate once second and be so distant in the other?

If regret was something that I had felt before in my life, it was nothing compared to the regret I felt right now.

Two days had passed by since Zaydaan walked out on me and after that, he hadn't bothered to even look at my face.

I had tried to talk it out with him but everytime I bothered to make an effort, either he had left for work or either he was in some other city.

It had made me rethink everything. I always wanted to have a healthy relationship with my life partner but everything with Zaydaan was turning out to be totally unhealthy.

I was sat on the sofa near the wall, my tea going cold as I was swarmed by my own thoughts. And the door got knocked.

I had just turned around to look at who it was, when it opened and Ahad ducked his head out.

"Hey, can I come in?"

I nodded, smiling at him softly, my heart felt so tired but seeing Ahad, it always put me at comfort.

"Yeah, come sit."

"How are you? I didn't see you at dinner last night." He questioned, sitting by my side.

"I slept early, I was tired." I lied.

I couldn't sleep the whole night. The moment I would close my eyes, I would feel like everything was falling apart, even if it wasn't.

"I can tell, your eyes are swollen. Couldn't sleep?" Ahad caught my lie, I nodded.

"No. I couldn't."

"I'm sorry, bhabhi. If I hadn't forced you, this wouldn't have happened."

I frowned. He hadn't called me bhabhi since the first day.

"Bhabhi and all?"

He sighed out loud, as if he couldn't believe he was saying that.

"Apparently, bhai thinks its inappropriate for me to call you Aaina."

Was it though? I didn't think it was. We knew what our relationship was. I just didn't think that a man five years older than me, should give me the respect and call me bhabhi.