Connect

4 sat on the table. MePad and Cobs were setting up to examine him. 4 looked around and spotted a button besides him. He picked it up.

"What's this?" he asked. The button had some sort of character on it, with black marking on his face and bleached blonde spikey hair.

MePad glanced over at 4. "Oh," he said. "That's mine." MePad picked up some measuring tape and measured 4's arm.

"Why do you have this?" 4 asked, straightening his arm.

"Mm, well, I guess it was a phase I had. Remember? I was always watching something when we weren't working."

"Oh, yeah." 4 straightened out his other arm and MePad measured that. "Anna- something. You really liked that stuff. Why'd you stop?"

MePad took down the measurements On the clipboard. He sighed, "I suppose I grew out of it. It just didn't interest me anymore. Legs."

4 stuck out his leg. There was loud crash coming from the other side of the room. Sounds like Cobs was rummaging through a few things.

MePad continued to measure both legs and walked out of the room after that. Cobs came back with blue paper and a white pencil.

MePad came back with a few new measurements. Cobs cupped 4's face with both of his hands. Ruffling 4's hair and widening his eyes and the such. His hands were warm.

After about 30 seconds of this, Cobs's ahoges stood straight up and Cobs grabbed the white pencil and started drawing on the blue paper.

4 rubbed his face. "What was that?" he asked, looking at MePad.

MePad shrugged. "Maybe a memory refresher? Both you and 4S do look very similar with similar technology."

"Done!" Cobs held the blue paper high. "With the face at least. MePad, you have the measurements?"

MePad nodded and handed the clipboard to him. "I got some of the measurements from 5C for things like the waist."

"Perfect!" Cobs tuened to 4. "4, we might need an x-ray for checking for how we put skeleton together. You okay with that?"

"Yeah, yeah."

Cobs clapped. "Yay! Now about the measurements..."

The conversation faded from 4's focus. He slipped the button into his pocket and pulled out his phone as well. He turned it on. No notifications.

He shrugged it off and put his phone down.

-

"It's a bit boring with no one else around." He sighed.

There wasn't really anyone to talk to. He couldn't talk to 5; he left. He was too scared to talk to anyone else here; he barely knew them. He couldn't talk to 4; he was the one to leave because of him.

It was boring for 4S in the Heat Haze.

The screens around him hummed with a low buzz, with only them really let him do anything. Not much, but something. They let him just play around with them. Stacking, making pictures, remembering.

4S mostly did that last one.

Remembering was a thing he did more than he did in his short, short life. When he first saw the Terminator movies, when he first picked up a gun, when he first drove a car, when he 'born', when he met 4, when he entered the Haze.

It was nice. Somber but nice.

Then one screen flickered on. For no reason. Strange. Most of the screens turned on because of him. 4S tilted his head and looked the screen. From what he could see, it was a ceiling of some sorts.

Bright, blinding fluorescent lights shined and the sound of a bell rung.

The screen showed a hand grabbing and picking it up. A face came into view, frowned and set the screen down to face the ceiling again.

4S knew that face, that sound, that ceiling, that everything. That was 4. In a room. But where?

To 4S, that didn't really matter. He smiled. He was just happy to see 4 again.