Apply - Bonus Chapter

Paintbrush stood idle in MePhone's office. They had waited until now to submit their application for Inanimate Insanity.

Once they had stepped in, MePhone was holding a bear doll by the neck, presumably to behead it. There was a moment of silence before MePhone spoke.

"Timeline name."

Paintbrush straightened up and answered. "Sibling Rivalry."

"Oh! Hey W. Take a seat." Mephone put the bear down.

Paintbrush sat down. "You got the papers?"

MePhone grabbed a clipboard under a pile of papers. A messy desk really. "Of course. Why wouldn't I? I filled out most of the stuff; I just need some other information."

"Right, right." They took a pen from their shirt and grabbed the clipboard. They filled out the rest of the application for the three thousandth time.

For a moment, the sound of MePhone tapping his fingers and the pen writing was the only thing filling the room. MePhone would occasionally shift a little and Paintbrush would stop for a moment before going back to writing.

At last, Paintbrush filled out the papers and handed MePhone the clipboard. MePhone looked at the clipboard and put it back on his desk. "So..." he said, "how's Worst been?"

"Mm..." Paintbrush leaned back in the chair. "Violent as usual, though he's more inclined just to stay at home."

"Oh, really? I thought he'd like being out of that god awful place you made!"

"He does, it's just that he's had enough everyone's shenanigans that he's become so disappointed at people but his siblings are keeping him happy, so I don't blame him."

MePhone tapped his fingers and his neck felt the urge to bend. "Is that so?"

"Yeah and... Rivalry, don't do what I think you're going to do." Paintbrush put the pen back in their pocket.

"What? I'm just thinking!"

Paintbrush sighed. "Rivalry, I know you have... complications with your family but Worst is totally fine with his situation. Besides, they're actually helping him and you know the rule."

MePhone fell back in his chair and crossed his arms. "Don't mess with other timelines unless absolutely necessary. Blah blah blah, time distortion."

"Exactly." Paintbrush looked at their watch. "Look, I gotta go. I'll see you at the cliff!"

Paintbrush got up and left. MePhone sat up. He tapped his fingers on the desk and then curled his hand into a fist, nails digging into his palm.

'Family issues, huh?' he thought. 'I can't really mess with Worst's but I sure can mess with mine.'

-

"I'm your new assistant!"

MePhone looked at him with eyes the size of dinner plates. He knew that he was getting an assistant but this child... he was just too precious! MePhone felt like a snake was throttling him to just squee in joy of this tiny child. But he remained calm.

MePhone sighed. "Well, I might as well introduce 'em."

Toilet gasped. "Oh, you really didn't need to."

"Nonsense." Mephone swung his arm around his brother. "These are my assistants, MePad and Toilet!"

You could probably hear the flush of surprise from Toilet drowning out the sound MePad made when he nodded.

-

"I hate water." Paintbrush wrung their hair out.

MePhone stifled a snort. He had been watching the contestants break the ice for a bit and had found it hilarious. Especially when Mic and Yin Yang had fallen. Sure Mic had electrocuted the water a smidge but it was fun to watch the two(three?) flail around in the water to try and swim.