Uncover

"Are you sure you want to know about this?"

"There isn't any real reason I shouldn't. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to see a few things."

"Well, alrighty then."

MePad glanced at his battery power. 32%. Keep going. He looked at the half finished hand at his desk through the glass. Gosh, wiring was so difficult. The needles and soldering iron with the wores shivered and shook.

Hands are a tedious process.

He needed a second set of hands. He soldering iron then over heated and in a moment of suprise, he dropped it. It melted through the floor and cloud and sky and whatever. MePad looked down and groaned. He got up, out of his room and to 4.

He rapped his knuckles against the door.

"But that means he-"

"Used something I love against me? Yeah."

4 was having a good dream. A nice dream. But then it warped again. The mind, it spiraled and spiraled into itself and he woke up to someone knocking.

He shook his head. Another one was trying to switch in. 4 got up and trudged to the door.

He opened it and found MePad at it.

"If that is the case, and this is what you wanted, why aren't you mad?"

"It tells me he loves me."

4 looked him over. From what he could see, MePad looked like a cat scratched his hair into a mop and decided to scratch everything else.

4 felt a presence try to switch but he kicked his leg back slightly. For a while, there was silence and staring. It was tense and the fact that MePad looked like he'd gone through a woodchipper didn't help either.

"He knew that I loved this stuff and sent that bot to help with that."

"So... new look?"

MePad sighed and stepped forward. "Could you make another soldering iron please? The one I had melted through the floor."

"Oh." 4 shifted his eyes. "Sure!"

He though and his hair turned green. In his hand now was a soldering iron.

"If he didn't, he'd probably send someone after me to get me back."

"And 4S?"

Except it was on.

Though, rather than drop it, 4 held it and his hand felt like it was melding into itself. Not wanting to wake up anyone, MePad swiped the iron from 4's hand, threw it into his room, and ran to grab bandages.

4 lifted his hand to see his palm.

"I saw his memories. It was a misunderstanding."

"Amazing." The circuitry seemed to be fused with his flesh. Sparking in a manor that mesmerized him. It hurt, sure, but he was focused on how his hand looked that he didn't mind.

The gap in the middle of it must've been a mouth. 4 had accidentally cut off part of his pinky, so it wasn't going to talk anytime soon.

He was compelled to touch the burning flesh and perceive how it feels to burn your hand.

"Dad is, he's great."

There was a loud crash and a minute of silence before MePad came back with bandages and Cobs.

"Does it hurt?"

4 shook his head. "No."

"Give me you hand."

His hand was bandaged.

"Don't do much with that hand. It'll heal."

"I suppose so."