The Ball

"Come, come miss. Please go get washed up," Della the maid who had been assigned to me today said. I sighed, but did as she said. I walked into the bathroom, stripped, and got i  to the shower. Yeah I know princesses are supposed to get baths, but showers are quicker.
When I'm done I dry off and put on clean panties and a bra. I walk out of the bathroom, slightly scared of what I was gonna have to wear.
"Alright Your Highness first is the corset," Della chirped.
"I'm sorry but I'm not wearing a corset tonight, or heels for that matter. Im sick of them," I huffed.
"Fine, but if your mother gets mad you are telling her it was your decision," Della chastised.  I smirked, the maids were always saying things like this.
She helped me into a soft pink colored net gown with small flowers covering the front. She adjusted the sheer sleeves, and helped me put on my grey high tops. The dress was floor length, and I have done this so many times that my mum doesn't even care anymore.
"Am I allowed to put up your hair miss?" Della asked, quite sassily I might say.
"Yes, just not too tight," I replied with a fake smile. I liked this new maid.
She decided to do a fancy bun, and of course topped it off with a pink tiara.
"Would you like to do you're own makeup?" She questioned.
"Nah, I'd probably make Mother mad if I did my own makeup," I sighed. She might have gotten used to the shoes, but she would kill me for doing thick black eyeliner. So I settled for pink eyeshadow, light eyeliner, mascara, and pink lipstick.
"No need to thank me," Della scoffed.
"You're right, so why are you still here?" I mocked. She shook her head with a small smile and guided me out to where everyone was waiting.
"Converse again Samantha?" My Mother sniffed.
"Duh," I scoffed. I turned away from her to greet my Pa. I looked more like Mother of course. I had her tan skin, dark hair, petite but cury frame, and of course a naturally perfected death glare.
"Give your Pa some hugs beautiful little bookworm," Pa called. I gave him a big hug, smiling at the nickname. I was like him in more ways than I could count. I was a huge  book nerd, was always looking for adventure and fights, I was awkward but athletic, and of course I had his lovely big brown eyes.
"All right Royal Fam, it's time to go!" Mackenna ordered. She put us in order, making sure we looked perfect. She made a tutting sound when she saw my converse, but let it go. The trumpets sounded, and it was time to go.
"His Majesty King Magnus Rultern!" The announcer yelled. "Her Majesty Queen Evangeline Rultern!" Mother grabbed Pa's arm, and they started to walk down the steps gracefully. They glided to their thrones and sat. I on the other hand was supposed to wait and let my betrothed be announced before coming out, and then he would walk me to the thrones.
"Lord Jake Betlor of Careos, the betrothed to our crown princess," The announcer yelled. I took a deep breath and started to walk. "And finally Her Royal Highness Princess Samantha Rultern!" I plastered on a smile and took Jake's out stretched elbow.
As we walked down the stairs I stole glances at him. He was tall, tan, had a blond quiff, and was very muscular. Typical Lord. Ugh I knew I was gonna get a stuck up jock. This guy had a rep for being a player of football and girls, and of course being sexist as hell. This was going to be a pleasant night.
We had made it to the thrones. Jake bowed to my parents and then to me. I curtsied to him and took my seat. They had set up a nice chair next to mine for Jake, great.
Mother smoothed down her blue gown and gave me a look that said "be nice." I flashed her a sarcastic smile and pointed to my head to tell her to straighten out her blue crown. She did, being careful not to mess up her updo. She then crossed her silver heeled ankles like a proper lady and sat up straight. She looked at me to do the same. Ha, like hell I would.
               *skip to end of ball*
That night was awful. I had to dance with Jake for 5 songs, including the whole Waltz of the Flowers. He had made so many comments that made me want to punch him, especially when he noticed my converse. I snapped at that point telling him if he thought I was going to dance in heels for 5 hours then he was frickin crazy.     My mother kept whispering for me to behave, but I just couldn't help it.        That's it I need people to talk to. I thought of the gardener, Casidy. I grabbed my phone and texted Mackenna to come in my room for a sleepover. I may have also asked for a favor...

Hey guys, hope you're enjoying so far. What do you think the favor is?? Song suggestion of the chapter is *drum roll* Red Lighter- SoMo. Bye guys~Mare💙