Meant to be

*Sam's P.O.V*

"Wh-what," I stuttered. My face definitely showed my shock. Tears welled up in my eyes.
"I love you Sam, but I just can't be queen. I can't tear apart your family and I can't rule a fucking country," she cried before running away.
I slipped the ring into my pocket and fell to the ground.
I sobbed for at least an hour before picking myself up and heading back to the palace.

"What happened?!" Mackenna asked worried.
"She said no," I sighed. Kenna gasped, coming over to hug me. "She said she couldn't tear apart my family and that she couldn't rule a country."
"Ruling a country is hard, especially for a girl who didn't see it coming," Mackenna said. "Your mum also has been very adamant about her hatred of your relationship."
"I don't care about my mum, it's not her life," I growled.
"I know but Casidy is scared. Give her space, let her think. Maybe wait a year or two," she advised.
I sighed, she was right. I staggered to the bathroom to take a head clearing shower.
Ugh just when I thought things were going good.

******

"Come in Samantha," Mother barked. I straightened my shoulders and walked head held high into her office.
"Why do you hate me mother?" I blurted.
Her pencil dropped. She sighed and took off her glasses. "I don't hate you Sammy bear," she whispered.
My eyes bugged at the old nickname. She had called me that with an abundance of love behind it when I was small. She hadn't called me that in a long time.
"Then why have you been snapping at me? You tried to marry me off to a sexist pig! You couldn't support me coming out and you insulted my girlfriend! She said no when I asked her to marry me because she didn't want to tear us apart even more. My heart is shattered and you don't give a fuck!" I ranted.
My mother face showed shock, but I didn't care. She took a breath.
"I wanted you to be a good ruler, but all I did was crush you like my parents, especially my mother, did to me. Sammy bear, I'm so sorry," mother cried. "You are free to tell Casidy that I support your marriage. You don't have to forgive me, but just know I love you and I'm sorry."
I hesitated slightly before running and wrapping my arms around her.
We stayed like that for a while then broke apart, tears streamed down our faces.
"She also said she couldn't run a country," I sniffed.
"She doesn't have to, you can. She'll be there for appearances," my mother soothed. "Go get your love Sammy bear."
"I forgive you mum," I said before running out.

*******

"Casidy!" I shouted. She was holding her shears helping the other gardeners cut the hedges.
I ran to her nearly falling flat on my face into a planter.
"Sam careful! What are you doing here?" She asked, picking me up from my place on the grass.
"My mother approves Cas. She also said you don't have to run the country if you don't want to, I can do it. You'll be crowned of course and have to make appearances, but nothing ti complicated," I blurted.
She looked at me for a minute, stunned, then nodded.
I kneeled, pulling out the ring. "Will you Casidy Burk marry me?" I asked for the second time.
This time her answer changed. "Yes!" Cas squealed. I slipped the ring on her finger and pulled her down for a kiss.

Hope you guys enjoyed!!! Sorry it was late. Song of the chapter is *drum roll* Meant to be from Teen Beach Movie. I know cheesy, but it's cute! Anyway bye lovelies ~Mare💙