Chapter One

After a couple hours of moping in my room, I decided to watch the news.
Oh wow, The News, so exciting. I love it.

Oh shut up.

     You shut up!

SHUT UP

     SHUT UP

STOP REPEATING ME.

     Haha. You're angry.

               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I've been watching the news for about 30 minutes, and I've already started to get bored.

     "Breaking News. Local high school student quarantined, and is thought to have contracted the new strain of rabies virus that local scientists have recently discovered."

     Wait. Wait. Huh? When did this happen?

     I sit up properly on my blue, leather couch, and put my full attention back onto the flat screened TV mounted on my living room wall.

     "The student has shown many signs of the rabies virus, but one thing seems odd. Rob, care to explain?" The News reporter exclaims. I grab the remote and turn up the volume.

     The camera shifts to who I assume, is Rob, and as the camera is shifting, I catch a glimpse of what I think is the quarantine.

     Not very affective looking, what is this? The 1800's?

     "Well you see Carol, The student is showing signs of extreme aggression to whomever it sees, much like the rabies virus, except he seems to also be sporting much higher speeds than a normal high school student would."
He pauses, as the high schooler bangs on the cage behind him.
Higher speed?

     Yes. That's what he said isn't it?

     "His eye colour has also seemed to have shifted," Rob adds, taking a couple steps closer the cage- er, quarantine. The camera shifts, and focuses on the student, who's eyes are a striking red.

     Suddenly, the student lashes out at Rob, I gasp. But he must have seen it coming and quickly steps away.

     Rob chuckles, brushing off the sudden out burst.

     Wow. "As you can see, he has developed a red tint to his eyes."
Tint. Sure.

     The camera zooms in on the student again, and he charges against bars. As Carol and Rob continue to talk, a large crowd starts to form around them, and the cage.

     Honestly. These people are so unprofessional and stupid. Why are they doing this in such a public space?

     "This is stupid." I mutter. That 'Student' is going to break out any second.

     I reach for the remote sitting on the small brown coffee table, but stop.
What is she doing?

     One of the women in the crowd is slowly walking up to the cage, behind the student. The News reporter, and Rob, seemed completely oblivious to the situation. She walks straight up to the bars.

     I hold my breath, just waiting for something terrible to happen.

     The student spins around when he hears the girl, and stumbles, but quickly regains his posture.

     The girl brings out her phone. No, you idiot!

     And takes a picture.