Chapter Seven

My stomach rumbles. I've been lying in my bed for quite some time, not wanting to head downstairs, incase a Zombie somehow gets in. I sigh, knowing I can't stay here forever, and slowly make my way downstairs.

     I walk into the kitchen and double check the door, to make sure it hadn't broken while I was gone, then made myself a brand new tuna sandwich.
This time, making sure I didn't drop it.
After munching on my newly made sandwich for a bit, I examine the kitchen. The original tuna sandwich was still squished, and the ground needed a good sweep. I sigh, hurriedly finishing my sandwich, and start to clean the messy kitchen.

     "Done." I quietly announce.
I Step into the doorway, and survey my work. The floor was now clean, rid of the squished sandwich, counters wiped, and I found some white paint in the cupboard under the sink and painted over the ducktape, and filled the cracks. Now, you can only see the damage if you really look at the door.
     After admiring my work, I decide to take a peak out the window, the sun was beginning to set, but other than that, nothing. Well, except, maybe 20 Zombies wandering around.
Hey, what's that?

What's what?

That, in the distance.
     I squint, looking past the stumbling Zombies, and spot two red dots moving in my direction. I gasp.
     I shove the curtains closed and run
up the stairs, slam my bedroom door open, skid, and hide under my bed.
Please leave, Please leave, Please leave.
     I cover my mouth with my palms, so my breathing isn't deafening. I hear a loud bang, and let out a squeak, then bite my tongue.

Leave leave leave.

I hear a crash from downstairs, the door didn't hold.
Why didn't it hold, why didn't it hold?!
I hear a snarl, and cram myself as far under the bed as I can.
Then I hear footsteps. I fight to hold back tears when I see feet in the door way.
I forgot to close the door!

     I hear a growl as the feet step in
my bedroom.
It's not very clumsy either.
So?
     The feet get closer to my bed, and the Runner snarls.
I don't think it can get me.

     I take a deep breathe. Then take a run for it. I shove past the zombie, and feel a sharp pain in my shoulder.
You shouldn't have done that.

I know, I know, I know.
     I speed out the room and lock myself in the bathroom.

     I look in the mirror, I can see blood seeping through my shirt, shoulder throbbing in pain.
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
     A loud bang makes me jump. I look at the door. Another loud bang erupts, and the door cracks. This isn't a Runner.
What is it!? What is it!?
     I frantically search the bathroom for something to kill the Thing with.
I open the cuboard under the sink.
A crowbar!

     I grab the crowbar and step into the bathtub. I small wall between me and the Super Zombie.
That's what you're calling it?

Yeah.
     The Super Zombie crashes into the door again, and several more cracks splinter their way down the door.
I adjust the crowbar in my hand, ready to attack. My hands start to shake. There's another bang, and the door topples.

     The Super Zombie runs towards me faster than I thought it would, and I squeeze my eyes shut, then swing the crowbar. This causes my shoulder to sear in pain. I hear a loud crack, and I slowly open my eyes. The Super Zombie is on the bathroom floor, and its neck is at an odd angle. I think you broke its neck.
Yeah...

     I shudder, and quickly run downstairs, grabbing the ducktape.
I wipe my forehead. I taped the Super Zombie to the bathroom floor, so it can't get up if it's not dead, and cleaned my wound. I didn't want it to get infected, even if I was going to turn into a Zombie.
But you got that weird cure thing, remember?

I don't trust the "weird cure thing".

I guess we wait then?

Yeah.
     I sigh, and head to my room.

     I wake up to a blinding light, and hiss, squeezing my eyes shut, and putting my elbow over them.
What the H-E double hockey sticks?
     I hear a soft click, and hesitantly re-open my eyes, and lower my elbow.

     I blink, clearing the dancing coloured splotches from my vision.
"Sorry." I hear a voice say.