Chapter Three

She and I gasp. Its practically a blood bath. Trails of blood a few meters down the road, someone running towards it, two people running away, it looked like someone was chasing them, but it's hard to tell. I was certainly not about to go outside and check.

How did it escalate so quickly?

     "Oh my..." Mum whispers.

     Oh my indeed.

     "That's what I was trying to say earlier." I reply, also whispering.

How on Earth did this happen?
Mum closes the curtains, and heads out the kitchen, and down the hallway.

     "Mum?" I ask.
Is she okay? Where is she going?

I follow her through the hallway, and up the stairs.

     "I'm going to lie down, okay hun'?" She says, so softly I almost miss it.

     "Okay..." I say, still unsure as to what I'm supposed to do.

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Once I made sure every door was locked, and window was covered, I decided to watch the News. So I sit down and turn the TV on.

     "-udent in quarantine unfortunately broke free, and attacked several people. Soon after, said people attacked started to show the same symptoms as the the student infected earlier, and turned into whatever red eyed monster that first student had been.

     "We aren't to sure on how the first student got infected, but we have noticed that most of the newly infected do not have the same amount of speed. So we have decided to name the student with a higher speed, a Runner."

     Interesting. I wonder what happened to Carol.

     "And what do you thing we are dealing with here John?" Another reporter asks.

     "Well, Mark, I'm not going to sugar coat it. I think we're dealing with Zombies."

     Mark just nods.

     I shut the TV off, so done with that, then stand up, and peak through the blinds on one of the windows.

     Other than the couple people staggering along the road, it was completely deserted.

     I walk back to the couch and sit.
     I hope Mum feels better soon.