Chapter Ten

"How did you get here?" Curls asks angrily, hands on her hips.

     "I walked." I state, holding back a smirk. I had arrived just after she did, but just as I as about to sneak in behind her, she turned around.
Yeah, just our luck, huh?

     She narrows her eyes. "Well leave."

     "Why?" I ask, scanning the entrance of the run down Costco. The door was open slightly, and it had boards nailed onto it, making it near impossible to see inside. I bet they had no trouble seeing outside, as they opened the door right as she walked up to it.

     "You know why, sorry." Her expression turns neutral, and she walks inside, making a waving motion to someone just out of view.
     The door closes.
Great, now what?
     We sneak in, of course.

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Sneaking in was easier than I thought it would be. All I did was go to the back of the store, enter through a door that leads to The Back--otherwise known as storage--then, I sneak into a bathroom, which is luckily in a nice snug corner, but how I got there unnoticed I'll never know.

     I've been here for maybe ten minutes and so far only two people came in, and all they did was chat it up about how their lives ended to abruptly and something about the fact that someone's dog is dead because of this.

     No one cares about your dog anymore, it's dead.
     Wow, that's rude.

Oh, I thought you'd left for a moment.

     Wow, okay.

     So in summary, I don't know what to do. I peak over the top of the stall for the fifteenth time, debating if I should just leave or not.

     I think I will. With a sigh, I get out of my awkward crouch on the toilet, and unlock the stall door, and slow open it. Then, I tip-toe to the exit.

     Carefully, I push the door open a crack, and peer outside. Only a few shelves, some coupled to sleeping bags, are in view. Yeah let's not leave right now. I close the door in case anyone sees me, and head back to my stall.

     Great, what exactly were you planning to do once inside this building? Do you think you're just gonna live in hiding, stealing their food, and not get caught?

Uh . . . Well . . .

     Yeah.

So what do we do?