Chapter 17 [PART 1] - Too Real For Me

Autumn

Happiness. That's what I felt as I woke up in the guest bedroom of Ryder's home.

Today will be a good day, I can feel it.

After Ryder and I talked at the parlor, he let me stay at his house. I insisted that I could go home (even though I never wanted to go back there again) but he said it was no trouble and let me into his home.

Last night he told me to tell him at least what I was so troubled by and all I said was family problems. He then said I could stay for as long as I want, and I became extatic with overwhelming happiness.

"Good morning Ms. Becker," I yawned while I hopped onto one of the the chairs at their kitchen bar.

"Hello Autumn." she smiled at me for a quick second but then moved her attention back to what she was doing — making pancakes.

"Do you mind waking up Ryder? I would do it myself but I'm trying to make breakfast." she asked me and I nodded but realized she could not see me since she wasn't paying attention to to my presence at all.

"Of course." Hopping off the chair, I walked up the stairs and knocked on Ryder's bedroom door.

After knocking for a minute on his door, he still didn't open it. I rocked back and forth on my heels, contemplating what to do.

Maybe if I just open it myself...

I probably shouldn't do that since it's invading his privacy but what the heck, let's do it.

Opening the creaky door, I slowly walked in. When I turned my head to the left (where Ryder's bed is located), I gasped at the sight of a asleep boy that was ruffled in covers.

I struggled to breath as my eyes wandered up and down his body. His sheets covered the bottom half of his body, leaving his upper body exposed. Ryder wasn't wearing a shirt and I almost thought I was drooling at the sight of his beautiful abs.

Too awestruck, I didn't even notice the smirk on his lips. "You really like staring at me, dont you?" he said as his eyes opened and landed on me.

Don't blush!

My cheeks turned a bright pink.

Ughhhhh

"Uh...umm..." scratching the back of my neck, I struggled to come up with words that would make sense in a sentence together as he lazily strutted towards me, cutting the distance short between us.

I gulped nervously as he leaned one arm against the wall, basically trapping me if I moved.

"Something wrong princess?" Ryder whispered into my ear.

Shivers, butterflies, tingles, literally every feeling of nervousment sprouted in my body and I bit my lip and closed my eyes shut. "N-No. Nothings w-wrong."

Even through closed eyes, I could tell he was staring at me; I could always tell if he was staring at me. His eyes studied my facial expressions and knew exactly what and how I was feeling.

"Do I make you nervous?" he asked in an innocent voice, as if he wasn't aware of what his words were doing to me right now.