Chapter 43 - Graduation

AUTHORS NOTE: I don't really know how high school graduations work because I haven't graduated yet. I'm only 16 years old so just bare with me.

Autumn

Looking in the mirror, I smiled at myself.

Today's the day I finally graduate. All this hard work is finally going to pay off.

But...after today, life is going to change for me and for Ryder. We are going to go to different colleges, meet people, and have our own lives.

I'll miss him but he promised he would always find time to visit me. I hope that's true because just thinking about it, I don't want to loose him.

I turned around only to find Ryder asleep on his bed dressed in his cap and gown.

I rolled my eyes. "I know you're awake."

No response.

"Ry?" I walked over to him.

I hovered over him, staring at him with a blank face. If he was pretending to sleep I swear...

All of a sudden, his eyes flashed open and his hand reached out to grab my wrist, pulling me on top of him.

"Ryder!" I shrieked, not expecting him to do that.

I made an 'oof' sound once my body made contact with his hard chest. I didn't protest against him because I knew he wouldn't let me go, and I never want him to let go of me.

I wrapped my arms around him and rested the side of my face of his chest, listening to the harmony of his heart. I don't know how long we stayed like this, but it was very peaceful.

I heard him inhale a deep breath. "You smell so good. What perfume did you use?"

I ignored his question. "Ryder, we have to leave soon or else we are going to be late!" I told him.

He groaned. "But I just want to lay here with you."

I sighed. "I know. But we should go. Your moms already at school waiting for us and so are all of our friends."

"Ok. You're right." He moved to a sitting position with me in his lap. Ryder smirked then scooped me into his arms bridal style and started running downstairs to his car.

I giggled the whole time he was carrying me. It made me imagine him holding me like this on our wedding day.

Wedding? Woah...I was thinking too far ahead.

...Or was I?

***

Graduation was being held on our schools colossal football field. When we got there, all the students from our grade were dressed in their white gowns, taking pictures with their friends and talking amongst their peers.

On the stage was a podium for the teachers and the principal and some of the graduates to speak. Above the podium was a huge banner that said 'class of 2019' spelled out in red and black sparkles. There were red and black balloons floating around the stage and planted in some places on the field.

"Hey, I'm going to go take pictures with some players from my football team, wanna come?" Ryder asked me.

I looked around and saw my group of friends. "Um...no, but thanks though. I'll see you when we take our seats?"

Ryder nodded and kissed my cheek. "Ok. Love you."

I smiled cheerfully. "Love you."

He walked away and I walked over to my friends. Once they all saw me, they ran towards me.