Chapter 18 - The Lion and His Prey

AUTHORS NOTE: I am really sorry I haven't been writing more chapters. This week I am taking way too many test and it's hard to study and write chapters (it takes me a long time to edit and write upcoming chapters). But my winter break is in a couple days so I will be writing a lot with all the free time. Enjoy this chapter for now!!!

🚨WARNING🚨: this chapter involves rape and if you are uncomfortable with that topic, do not read the section that is written in italic font.

Autumn

"She did WHAT?" Grace asked angrily, clenching the french fry in her hand till it was completely smushed.

It has been a week since my unfortunate in counter with Heather and Derek. I couldn't tell Ryder about what happened and I didn't want to. So the only person I can trust at the moment is Grace, who seems to be taking this a little too extremely. Maybe telling her this at a resturant wasn't a great idea considering the fact that people around us are glaring at Grace's loud yelling.

"Relax, Grace. It's not that big of a–''

"Yes it is a big deal, Autumn!! You don't understand. If Heather threatens you in any way, you should be careful...she's dangerous."

So am I. I'm dangerous because I know how to survive. I've been through and still am going through tramatic events. Of all the things, how could Heather do damage?

I rolled my eyes, "why are you all so afraid of her? She needs to be put in her place."

Grace leaned in so no one around us could hear. "Please just be careful, ok? There must be some sort of chemical in Heather's brain because she's done some terrible things to people."

I rested my head in my palm. "Hmmm let me think. Maybe somethings wrong that no one knows about and the only way for her to cope is by being mean to others?"

Grace shrugged and popped a french fry into her mouth. "I dunno," she mumbled as she chewed.

As we sat quietly for a few minutes, I couldn't help but think about what Grace said. Should I really challenge Heather or be careful (as Grace recommended) and stay away from her? What if Heather continues to bully and torment me? What should I do? Should I just stand idolly by and let her or should I stand up for myself by making sure she doesn't test me again?

She might even be planning her next move now! Like what if she's—

Her phone. The picture of my arms.

My eyes widened. I need to get ahold of that phone.

"Grace? Do you know where Heather lives?"

"27 Arch Avenue." she replied almost instantly.

My mouth dropped in suprise, "woah. How did you know that address like you have been memorizing it forever?"

"One time I had to drop her off at her house. Don't ask why I'm not in the mood to explain the whole scenario."

When she turned away, I quickly unlocked my phone and typed the address into my notes so I wouldn't forget it.

The plan I've already made up might get me into a bigger fued with Heather or might actually save me. Just depends if it works or not.

"So," Grace changed the subject, "Halloween is in two days and you're coming with me and the girls to a party. No if's, and's, or but's because you're coming even if I have to force you."

My body shivered at the word 'party'.

I can't go to a party. Not now, not ever. Especially because of what happened last time...