chapter eighteen

Lauren's POV

When Isabella said that she wasn't going to forgive Camila so easily, she really meant it. It'd been five months since they last spoke and Bella wouldn't budge. She had already started middle school and was perfectly content with her life without her other mother. Just like how I had to learn to be when we divorced.

As for Lilly and I, we were never better. Of course she left for a book tour and I was left at home alone with Bella and Theo, but I eventually got over it. It was actually really fun taking care of two kids by myself. My daughter and I had a blast giving the little boy a bath since he was so playful and energetic now that he was 2. It reminded me of when my little girl was that age. I couldn't believe she was growing up so fast in front of me.

"Mommy, can you tell me a story of when I was little?" she asked as I tucked her into bed.

"Of course I can, baby," I said, getting under the covers with her. Well, this just caused even more feels of nostalgia. "What time frame do you want it at?"

"Anytime before six? I can't really remember anything before then."

"Okay... well, when you were five, you and I took a trip to Disney World. Just you and me for your fifth birthday."

"Oh yeah. I barely remember that," she said.

"I figured. But I remember it so clear because it's one of my favorite memories with you," I smiled, kissing her head.

I told her the story of our whole day there. We rode on all the rides she wanted (well, more like ones that she was tall enough for) and she absolutely loved them. She even fell asleep on me as I carried her back to the car and she slept all the way back to Miami. It was one of the best days of my life.

Then, I told her about her first day of Kindergarten.

"Mommy, why don't I have a daddy?" my daughter came up to me as I helped her pack up to leave for home.

Nearly choking from such a question, "W-why do you ask that, sweetie?"

"All my friends have mommies and daddies and I don't have that. Just a mommy," she frowned. Damn, didn't think I'd be ready for this.

Letting out a deep sigh and crouching down to her height, "Look, Bella, not everyone has both a mommy and daddy in their lives. Not everyone has two mommies in their lives either and that's our situation," I explained.

"Two mommies?" she looked more confused.

"Yeah... I had to have another mommy to help have you. It takes two kinds of people," I smiled. She wasn't aware of my downstairs area as of yet but we'd cross that bridge once we got there.

"Why?"

I chuckled. "Well, I'll tell you more of that when you're older. But just think of me as both a mommy and daddy to you, okay?"

"You're both of them?" she took my hand as we walked out of the school.

"Yeah. You just need me, squirt. No other woman can break our bond."

And when Lilly returned from her book tour, everything was prepared for the big question I was going to ask her. My second time asking a woman to be my wife and hopefully my last. "Whatcha got there, Theo?" she looked down at the toddler holding something up for his mother. Maybe not the wisest decision to put such a small little ring in the hands of a 2-year-old but I thought it was cute. "Oh my god," she gasped, eyes shooting up to me.

I smirked slyly, padding over to kneel down in front of her. "I love you, Lillian Jane Masters." I began and took her hand to hold. "I love you so so much."