Alone

Suddenly voices could be heard echoing down the long, underground hallway. You quickly glanced around, you and the hedgehogs stood at the very end of the hallway. 

     "Oh this is just splendid!" You muttered. The four of you frantically searched for an escape route. All the surrounding doors were locked. The voices were now loud enough that you could identify Sleet and Dingo, but they had halted in their progress, you could hear their arguing. Sonic pointed to the little door that led back under the stage.

     "Come on, down here!" he called as he opened the door for Sonia and Manic. It was the only way out, but it was a dead end. It would be well nigh impossible to find that trapdoor in the ceiling again. If Sleet and Dingo looked there you were done for. Then you remembered your cloak.

     "We need help!" You whispered. The glow of the familiar lights flashed until the enchanted pearl settled on red. So you were right, the stage was the wrong way! "No wait! We should go this way!" You pointed to where the light now shone blue, noticing at the same time as the triplets that you were pointing straight toward the direction of the hostile voices.

     "Umm, in case you haven't noticed, that's the way we're trying to avoid." Manic informed you.

     "I know, but you've gotta trust me!" You begged, the voices were getting closer, you could almost distinguish the words they were saying. "Please! I've told you everything I know! We've got to get to the base and the stage is a dead end. Plus, if they look there we're goners!"

     "Yes, and if we walk straight into their arms, we'll be perfectly fine," Sonia stated sarcastically. You felt like pulling out your hair in frustration! At Sonia's words, everyone, including you, looked to Sonic, who hadn't said a word yet. You stared straight into his eyes, silently begging him to believe you. He looked torn, glancing thoughtfully between the stage door and the open end of the hallway. Suddenly he grinned and ran over to you, took your hand, and followed the blue light. Stopping a few feet away, he called back to his siblings.

     "I'm waiting!" Sonia and Manic exchanged a look. Manic shrugged. You were overcome with relief when they both ran towards you. This time you dragged Sonic in the direction of the blue light until you came to a sewer grate. Your cloak directed you to enter. Sonia moaned behind you.

     You smirked. "Careful you don't offend Manic, Sonia. This was practically his home back in the day you know!" As you spoke you ripped off the cover and dropped the five feet to the bottom. You grinned as the triplets gasped behind you, they probably thought you were a psychic or something. At some point maybe you'd explain that to them. One by one they jumped down the hole, Sonic entering last.

     "Hurry close it behind you!" You urged him. Sleet and Dingo had resumed their walking and were almost on top of you now, fortunately they were drowning out any noise you made with their bickering. In one quick motion Sonic closed the entrance and plunged the sewer into darkness, with the exception of the faint blue glow cast off by your pearl. Suddenly you noticed something odd.

     "Why aren't we wet?" You wondered in confusion.

    "Woah, check it out!" Manic exclaimed from a little bit ahead of you. As you ran over to him, you were temporarily blinded as a row of electric torches lit up the hallway, triggered by the level Manic had just flipped.

     "A secret passageway disguised as a sewer! Who knew Butnik could actually do something cool?" Sonic marveled. You grinned at him.

     "Come one guys, no time for messing around, we've got to hurry." You said as you lengthened your stride. As you walked, the triplets shot questions at you, which you answered as best you could.

     "How did you know the sewer was my home turf?" Asked Manic.

     "Well, you see. I'm from a different world and in my world your lives are a tv show." You answered, feeling a bit silly because of how ridiculous that sounded. 

     "So does that mean you know our futures?" Sonia asked excitedly. "Do we really win in the end and get to rule with mother? Who do I marry? What happens -"

     You interrupted before she could get her hopes up too high. "No I don't know the future, only the past, but I do know that we will win in the end." You said confidently. "And I sure hope it's not Bartleby, don't know what you see in him." You added with a smirk. 

     "So what's the deal with the cloak?" Sonic asked quickly, to cut off Sonia from defending her fiance. 

     "The Oracle gave it to me. I had a dream and he told me to meet him somewhere in real life. Somehow I actually ended up there, our car died and we were walking, my family and I, we found the place from my dream. The Oracle told me I needed to return here, to the land of my birth, for the prophecy to be fullfilled."

     After five minutes of walking, you began to question whether you would make it in time. You had over heard that conversation in the alley maybe... two and a half hours ago? Probably about right, because then you had to figure out how to get in, then you found Sonic and he wanted to mess with Dingo instead of rescue you, then you hid under the stage and found Sonia and Manic and now here you were. The raid could already be over by now. Suddenly a manhole appeared above you and the light facing forward turned red.

     "Sonic?" You said, breaking the silence.

     "At your service!" He chimed, zooming in front of you and walking backwards. You couldn't help, but smile a little. He was so extra.

     "I think you should take Sonia and Manic and go ahead without me. I'm just slowing you down. You can go out here," you pointed to the manhole. "And save your friends. I'll meet you there later."

     "No way!" Sonic protested. "We can't leave you here."

     "He's right," Sonia agreed. "What if Robotnik finds you while we're gone? You'll be robotisized! Plus you don't know where the hideout is."

     "I'll be fine," you assured them. "My pearl can lead me to your hideout. All your friends who are there right now will be robotisized if you don't get there soon! You doing have a choice you've got to go."

     "As much as I hate to say it, Y/n's right." Sonic said. Although you knew he was doing the right thing, it kind of hurt that he was okay with leaving you behind. The four of you climbed out into the street, it was daylight now. Probably around breakfast time. Sonic grabbed his siblings and with one final glance at you, he and his siblings were gone in a blur of blue.