Where are you? Chapter 8

Encre's P.O.V

I still had the stick out in front of me and waved it in warning, "I don't care who you are but you're blocking my way."

Suave exposed a dagger in his hand as he held it and watched the stranger cautiously. We were all standing in odd positions until I lowered the stick a little and asked, "Why aren't you doing anything?"

He spoke, "Because I find you mortals amusing." He was calm and collected as he suddenly appeared besides me and the stick in my hand was no longer there. I heard the quick snap and saw the broken pieces of my stick get thrown on the ground.

I blinked a few times, "I didn't think that would do much anyways." I shifted and felt the cool metal of my blade in my boot brush up against my leg. I couldn't let them know I had a real weapon or else I'd give myself away.

Suave turned his head slowly before turning back to face me. His eyes gestured to a creek up ahead and I nodded. How did I know there was a creek? Because I've been to that creek before.

The stranger's eyes grew a more bloodlust red and I knew he was a vampire. Whenever Fallacy was frustrated his eyes turned red...and when he'd thirsty.

I bit slightly down on my bottom lip in thought, "Have I met you before?" I just had to know. His voice sounded very familiar. Too familiar.

He reached out and snatched my wrist in his hand but he didn't hurt me, "Yes, we have."

"Who are yo-"

I was about to ask but before I could powder was thrown in the air and the vampire hissed in rage as he was blinded. Suave struck a blow with his dagger across the vampire's chest and took the wrist the vampire hand and yanked it away from him. Suave dragged me away and to the creek as I heard the loud roar from the vampire.

"Jump in the creek and then run as fast as you can." Suave commanded to me.

"But what about you?" I asked and tried to come up with my own plan.

Suave smiled at me before he gave me a small push into the creek and I scowled at him, "Don't worry about me, my lady. I'll be right behind you."

My eyes searched his for a moment before I nodded, "Alright."

"Just keep running. We're almost at the edge of the woods. Don't turn back because that will only slow you down."

I nodded again and Suave's smile grew a little, "Be careful."

My shoulders slumped down a little, "You're telling me to be careful when you'll be the one tailing my hide. The Vampire would get you first."

Suave's hand was now on my shoulder as he tried to reassure me, "its better he gets one than two." He pushed me gently again, "Now go."

I turned to run but I looked back one last time before he smiled a little more and I knew he'd be all right. I fled, as I ran away from the creek, as I ran away and grew closer to the edge of the forest. My feet running a little slower than I normally would. I didn't want to hurt myself or fall down. I'd not only risk myself but the child I bared. I hit the branches and swatted away the weeds from my face.

"Keep running!" I heard Suave yell a distance behind me and I did what he said. I kept going.

I felt the air leave my lungs and they burned for relaxation. The edge of the woods were in view and I smiled, we were going to escape. My hand reached out and soon I was out and into the start of the village. My feet slowed down and I hunched over slightly, panting.

"W-We're out." I breathed out tiredly. I was hunched over for a few moments before I stood up straighter and glanced behind me, "Suave?" I asked but I saw no one.

I waited a little and still I didn't see Suave anywhere. I felt the small pang of alarm as I shouted, "Suave! Are you there!?"

I was frantic to find Suave as I waited and waited. I continued to wait as my heart pounded and my blood thrummed in panic.

But still no Suave....

-Hey guys! Sorry for the wait on this chapter but I've been painfully busy with assignments. I hope you all can forgive me but when I have the time I will try to update. I cannot be rushed at this time. I was only able to publish this short chapter but at least it is something. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this chapter and I shall see you all in the next one! Byeeeeeeeeee-