Too much stress Chapter 16

Encre's P.O.V

Everyone was finally released from the hospital and Fallacy asked for Jasper to take Suave home to continue resting. Fallacy and I were still in the castle, however, because I wished to discuss a few things with my brother. He was currently acquainting an important meeting with the officials of the courts and so I sat in the large dining area counting each painting I could spot on the wall.

One....two....three....

Fallacy sat besides me and I knew he was staring but I didn't mind. He's been awfully silent for the past few days. I've already tried to spark a conversation but it quickly fades along with his dimming voice and I wish I knew what was wrong.

A few hours would pass and I would be resting my head against my arms as I drifted in and out of sleep. I can't tell if I was more hungry or if I was too tired, probably both. Being pregnant has been like some sort of weird rollercoaster of thoughts, emotions, moods, and even my actions.

I slowly began to close my eyes and smiled, "Hey Fallacy?"

"Yes love?"

"I'm having some weird cravings....the child wants pickles dipped in some cheddar cheese." My smile grew and my hand fell down to my small baby bump.

"Is that so?" He spoke gently to me, but the conversation ended quickly when the pounding of footsteps could be heard coming towards us.

"Encre!" A voice shouted from across the hall, echoing in the process, "I apologize for the wait."

I turned my head slowly as I already knew who was speaking and lifted my head as I did. Tyrince was striding over to the table in his royal robe and his expensive attire.

I smiled, "No worries brother." I shifted my body so I didn't have to crank my neck too far to the right. Fallacy straightened up in his chair but didn't turn in the direction of my brother. I continued, "How many were wounded during that night?"

He slowed down to a stop, his facial expression changing almost in a weary way as he hummed while he thought, but I could tell he was troubled, "23 died...75 wounded. A few were not as serious but there are many that are currently recovering."

I nodded in acknowledgment and felt myself frown from the high numbers,
but it could have been a lot worse, "I'll attend the soldiers funerals."

"I'll be there as well but out of the suns rays if decided to have them scheduled during the day." Fallacy quickly spoke.

Tyrince plopped into a chair besides mine and let out a long, defeated sigh, "I'm still trying to wrap my head around why rouges were attacking the kingdom."

Fallacy flinched in his chair and I gave a confused look. A moment of silence passed between the three of us and Fallacy wasn't telling me something.

Deciding to wait on interrogating him I reached over awkwardly to pat my brother on the back, "Hopefully they don't plot on a second attack."

"Hopefully." He repeated after me before shooting me a sadden look, "Sister..." he began, "I want you to promise me something."

My brows furrowed as I stared at my brother, "Yes?"

"Promise me that you'll stay out of this fight."

My eyes widened as a baffled look crossed my face, "Brother, what are you implying?"

His mouth formed a straight line before he spoke again, "Well...Fallacy and I were talking and..."

"We both agreed that they're coming after you." Fallacy interrupted, "So we need to keep you and the baby safe. But it seems that where ever you go, danger follows you like a shadow." His hands balled up into fists as if the thoughts angered him terribly.

I sat there silently unable to say anything in return because he was right. Ever since I've been with Fallacy death seems to be right around the corner. I bit my lower lip and my eyes fell down to the table. I'd be putting my child at risk if I kept up what I was doing.

I slowly started, "So...what do you suppose we do?" I didn't mean for the conversation to turn to this because I've had other things clouding my thoughts like, how should we keep the kingdom safe...

They tell me they're wanting me yet they're coming for my brothers kingdom and it's people. There must be some sort of connection...

"I think you should stay in Reds pack again and I'll stand watch."

"No, we should send her to one of the kingdoms of the eastern part of the country. They've held a battle well before and I'm sure they'll do it again."

"Down in Italy? No. I have no connections to that kingdom." Fallacy argues to Tyrince.

Tyrince grumbled, "Whatever. Do as you wish but if she is attacked in that pack then she is getting sent down to Italy and that's final."

Fallacy finally turned to face my brother and his eyes were glowing red as they narrowed, "she is my wife and so she is my responsibility. Don't tell me what's final."

I sat up, my seat getting pushed back in the process and scrapping against the marble floor, "Guys! Stop arguing!" I could feel my stress levels rising and the feeling nauseated me, "I'll stick with Fallacy in the castle and the pack can watch the territory. Our land is now their land as well."

Both males watched me but never spoke. I felt like I needed to get out of the room and my hand went up to cover my mouth. I couldn't let out another word because before I knew it I was letting my dinner out on the floor.

- Hey guys! Here's another chapter that took so long to finally give out to you folks! I'm terribly sorry but it's been quite tough for me, and I won't be getting into much details about it because this book isn't to discuss problems but instead lovely chapters for you lovely people. Remember! I love you all and I hope you enjoy this new chapter! Byeeeeee!