Chapter 1

A chilling breeze blew around me, making me grip my shawl tightly for warmth

A chilling breeze blew around me, making me grip my shawl tightly for warmth. I was walking past the bleachers, at the sides of the football field, when I saw him, sitting with a group of people.

If I would've known that I was going to get blessed with this sight, I swear I would've avoided the field entirely. Even if it was the shortest way to Anatomy class.

To the hell with being there on time, if it meant not seeing Park Jimin.

Despite myself, I glanced at him. He was smiling that smile that reached way too much to his eyes.

God, that reminded me, just how much I hated seeing him.

A gust of cold air blew again, scattering my hair in million different directions. Frustrated, I tied my hair into a firm ponytail and quickened my pace.

I could just hope that Jimin hadn't seen me hastily getting away from his presence.
The kind of jerk he had been to me, he deserved absolutely no attention.

*~*

Yoongi and I were walking ourselves out of Anatomy class, through the busy crowd of students when Paul blocked our way, handing us vibrant purple and red coloured flyers each.

"Hello, please take part, bye." Was all he offered, already turning away but not before winking at Yoongi; who snorted in return.

"What- wait— what is this?" I curiously looked at Yoongi, who was focusing on the flyer now.

"Read the flyer." Paul yelled through the distance.

We walked towards the sitting lounge slowly, reading through the paper thrusted in our hands seconds before.

"40 Days To Valentine's." Yoongi read the heading aloud and gave me a quick look, raising his eyebrow before returning to the flyer. "This Valentine's, the cupid is among us and is only asking for your digits in return for the number of your potential Valentine. Who knows? Just one number may end up changing your life. Give your fate a try and register for $10 through the one and only, Paul McCarteny. 50% goes to charity."

He finished reading and I let out a low laugh, "This is so corny. Its so obvious that Paul wrote it."

"I must tell you that cupids among us and you don't want him to over hear." Yoongi said it with a straight face like he meant it, as he sat on a couch.

"And what? He'll ruin my love life? Like it wasn't worse already." I snorted, sitting beside him.

Yoongi sat up straighter and I could already guess what was coming, "You should give some new things a try, that aren't related to Jimin."

Although he slyly avoiding using the words— a new relationship, a new date; that is exactly what he meant.

"Ugh," I groaned, avoiding his eyes, "how many times do I have to tell you, I'm just not ready."

And that was the truth. I couldn't bear the thought of going through it all over again. No matter how it started, it never ended good.

"But eventually you will be ready."

"And you should be ready by now to ask Paul out or are you waiting for him to make a public service announcement that he has a crush on you."

Yoongi smacked my forehead lightly as I added, laughing, "Sounds better, Yoongi McCarteny."

"Too bad I'm straight." Yoongi sighed.

A/N: