Beth's Neighbors Part 5

Part 5

A quick sharp pain pulsed through his shoulder. Henry yelped and jumped, nearly dropping Willow on the counter. Willow gasped loudly and shouted "stop". Henry hastily set her down and tryed to shake, what he could only assumed was another tiny person, off his shoulder.

More sharp jabs of pain danced around his shoulders and back. He swung his arms wildly trying to grab whoever was on him. They only scrambled around, yanking his hair, and stabbing his hands when they got to close. Finnally, Henry jerked his body and he came flying off. It was not a he however, It was a she. A pretty she, with dark brown hair and fierce firey blue eyes, if only she wasn't waving what looked like a shiny metal toothpick at him.

He grabbed his arm and pulling up his sleeve to look at the wounds. They were miniscule but a small trickle of blood oozed out of a particularly deep one. "Hey! Just stop! Your gonna hurt yourself." He stepped forward to take it when she pointed the sword at him.

"Stay back!" She spat leaping forward. "Or I'll pluck your eyes out!" She said with a venomous snarl. A glint of wild fury in her eyes told him he needed to take a different approach.

He took a breath. "Calm down, I haven't hurt anyone—"

"You had better not! If so much as one scratch is on her...." Beth growled, pushing Willow behind her.

"Beth please," Willow started placing a hand on Beth's arm. "He didn't hurt me honestly!"

"Willow. Zip it." She said darkly, yet Beth still grabbed her hand. She stared up at the bean. "Where's the other one!?" She demanded.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean where's the other bean!" She said slowly as if he was stupid. "There's two of you in this apartment—why hasn't he come out yet!?"

"He's probably just taking a walk. I definitely think if he was here he'd have heard us by now." He explained. A few tense moments passed before Beth spoke again.

"Willow. You need to climb back up the fridge."

"I can't! It's to slippery!" Willow cried on the verge of tears.

Beth huffed. What was the number one borrowing rule? Never get seen and here she was, Willow, on her first unoficial borrowing and in the full viewing spectrum of a human bean. Owin was going to kill her. Owin was going to kill her and feed her to the rats! She shuddered invountary.

"Look I haven't hurt anyone ok? You or Willow. So please— just calm down." Henry pleaded holding his hands out palms up.

"Yet. You haven't hurt us yet. And you won't!" Beth started backing up towards the fridge.

"Wait! Beth was it? Beth I—" Henry started, walking forward.

"No!" Beth gave a jump forward brandishing her sword even higher. "Stay right where you are. Not another step!" She hissed.

Henry nodded and took two steps back. "Alright, but only to prove that I mean no harm."

Beth walked back faster pushing Willow with her. They reached the fridge where Beth felt around for the rope without looking away from Henry. She grabbed it with her free hand, mumbled for Willow to get on her back, and started climbing up the fridge, sword still in hand.

Henry could have grabbed them, easily, but he didn't feel it would end well. Willow mouthed "I'm sorry" to him as they climbed. He nodded his head and smiled. As Willow climbed under the vent grabbing a bag as she went, Beth stopped, and gave one final murderous glare at him as she pulled the rope up.

"If you so much as think about Willow, I'll murder you in your bed." She threatened.

Henry fidgeted. "I won't! And I won't tell anyone else either— I swear!" He promised.

Beth gave a short bark of cold laughter. "Damn right you won't, the beans would throw you into their crazy house!" She gave one last glare, and slipped under the vent.

Henry shuddered. For such a little thing, she sure was viscous, he couldn't help but feel bad for Willow.

"I wonder though." he said to himself as he hurried to check his room for holes and loose vents.