These Giant Feelings Part 2

Part 2 of a 2 part prompt. Soulmate au where the first words spoken to each other are on your wrist.

A big thanks to @gatlily for the prompt.

_____________________________________________

Last night was terrible, Felix never thought there would be an attack, not in Trives. There had been reports of a few incidents, but no outright attacks and no deaths till that night. And yet, Felix thanked the Fates for allowing him to be there to meet his soulmate.

After the fire had been stamped out, the two warring sides had come to an useasey, and temporary truce. In the same hour the fire died, Felix's father, the captain of the guards, pulled a small team of troops from the city, and sent them to deliver a message to the king. The letter contained a hopeful plea for a treaty, sighned by a few elders of the city and the captain.

The humans of Trives were allowed to continue their daily lives, abeit with tensions high on each side. Before the group left to deliver the message to the capitol, Felix had taken his injured mate and presented her to his father.

"Captain," he had began. "Allow me to take leave of the city." He flashed his wrist displaying the golden writing, while his father looked down at the unconscious girl.

"God's and demons, is she?" He couldn't finish the question. Felix nodded slowly.

"Yes sir. I didn't see my flash, but I could just....feel it. Does that make sense?" Felix asked. The captain put an arm on his shoulder.

"Who am I to say?" He shrugged. "No one knows how the Fates work. But are you absolutely sure you want to take her out of the city?"

Felix hesitated, but nodded. "Yes Father. I want to know her better, but I do not think I will have a chance to do that here, she was scared when she found out." He revealed. "I feel they would take her away from me."

"Who?"

Felix huffed. "Pick a side, I don't think anyone will like this!" He ran a hand through his hair.

The captain gave him a firm look. "Very well. You're old enough to deal with the consequences of your descions." His father mumbled. "I will grant you leave for two days."

That hour he left with the group, the girl hidden in the pocket of his cloak. Felix broke away discreetly, after Five hours of walking, and headed for a nearby giant village. In the village he paid for a room at the tavern, and shut the door.

Now she layed on the bed, asleep. Felix sat crossed leg on the end of the cot just watching, just waiting for movement. He didn't even know her name and yet he felt a certain fondness for her. He wanted to protect her, but that was probably because she was so small.

At last she moved, she rolled to the side and opened her eyes.

"Good morning, how are you feeling?" Felix asked, his tone light, but she stiffened at his voice. She sat up sharply and pushed herself as far away from him as she could.

"You! Where am I? What have you done?" She questioned nervously. She looked around the room. "Oh gods...I'm, I'm in giant lands!" She cried.

Felix winced. This was not how he imagined this to go. "It's alright, I haven't done anything to you except bring you here." He answered. He lowered a hand to her.

"Don't! Don't touch me!" She warned, her back against the wall. Felix faltered, but continued lowering his hand slowly despite her pleas. He was tired, tired of fear, not just from her but from other humans.