Just a Little Magic Part 2

Just a Little Magic

Part 2 Would like to thank @nocturnal-birdie for inspiration.

______________________________________________

Azura walked along the inner edge of the sidewalk. A few humans pointed at her and one boy tried to pet her, but other than that she remained inconspicuous.

Felix flew over head, carrying Riley and a bag on his back. So far the plan was going as scheduled, Felix watched what was happening from above, while Azura contacted Cherry and Lewis before heading into the store.

Azura jumped onto the wide railing of the old fashioned store. Laying next to a support beam was Lewis, who raised his head energetically as she approached.

"Hey, Azzy, what brings you here, Is Riley around, do you guys want to hang out? Is that bird with you? I like birds!" Rushed Lewis in one breath, licking his nose.

"Focus Lewis," Azura sighed, taking a seat. "How's your owner? Where's cherry?" She asked nonchalantly.

He jumped up, making Azura twitch. "He's really really good. He has a new pack member with him!" Panted Lewis. "And cherry's sick." He dropped his head suddenly. "She doesn't eat, and she barely plays."

Azura furrowed her eyes. What? A new pack member? She twitched her tail, Cherry being sick was a hindrance to the plan. "Is there another human In the store?" Azura questioned before realizing what he was saying. "Does your owner have family over?"

"Yea that's what I said! A pack member." He perked up, and stared intently at the space behind her. Azura risked a look, behind her in the tree, a robin tweeted at Lewis, taunting him as it flitted from branch to branch.

"Lewis...." she huffed trying to regain his attention, but his mind had moved on to other things. "Stereotypical stupid mut." She muttered under her breath. Dropping to the ground, Azura signaled for Felix and Riley to meet her with the thrashing of her tail.

In the back alley, Felix landed on a dumpster and let Riley slip off. "So are we gonna do this or like...." He shrugged.

"There's another human in there, Lewis said that the owners had family with him, and cherry isn't feeling well." Explained Azura. "I think we-"

"Is Cherry going to be alright?" Riley butted in, twisting her hands.

"I'm sure she'll be fine. But we need to change the plans a bit."

Felix shuffled. "I... I don't think we should do this. I mean, another human? And Cherry's sick? I don't know..." He ducked his head indecisively.

Azura looked to Felix, feeling slight pity at what she was about to make him do. "We need to do this," she said softly. "In a few days we won't need to do this anymore alright?"

"Then do we really need to do this at all?" Riley questioned standing next to Nigel "Can't we hold off a few days till my magic comes? Then We won't need to come anymore." Azura huffed, and she had a feeling it was not for the last time that day

"Yes we need to! Now no argument." She stated firmly, moving to the dumpster. Azura frowned at the way Riley crossed her arms, but she couldn't help it if Riley wanted to act like a child.

Felix, sensing Riley's irritation, cocked his head to the side and nudged her with the tip of his beak. He kept poking at her side making her shift and squirm around.

"Felix stop." She complained pushing the beak away. Despite a sudden twinge in Azuras chest, she remained still and allowed Felix to cheer Riley up, knowing that she would work better when she was in a good mood. As predicted Riley began laughing at Felix's poking, and wrapped her arms around his beak.