04: elves and mittens

04

MY EYES SNAPPED open as I heard a few rapid clicks and a giggle. I looked around frantically before giving up. I was still at her house. It was still Monday. This was not a nightmare. Who needed nightmares anyway when your reality had become a nightmare?

Another click.

"W-what-"

"Am I doing?" She interrupted, coming forward after tucking her phone into her back pocket. She smiled and leaned forward, capturing my lips in a deep kiss that lasted longer than I would have wanted it to.

She didn't care anymore that I remained unresponsive and I did not know what to make of it. On the one hand, I was happy because making her mad made me scared. On the other hand, I was scared because...what else would she ignore?

Would she ignore me when it got too much and I begged her to stop?

"Yes," I murmured, rubbing my sore wrists. Little glass elves winked at me from on top of the fireplace. My mittens were not on the dark floor anymore but placed neatly on the armchair along with my clothes.

She pulled me closer, just so my head was on her chest as she ran her fingers through my hair.

My scalp burned.

"Taking pictures," she admitted nonchalantly, making me stiffen. "I finally got you after so many years, baby. I cannot-" she paused before shaking her head, "I cannot believe you're real. I need all the proof I can get."

My heart was beating so fast. It felt like I was going to hurl on her seven thousand dollar rug. Which brought me to my burning curiosity; how the fuck was she so rich?

She wasn't even a STEM teacher.

"What do you mean finally?" I asked hoarsely, effects of the drug making it hard for me to convey any emotion through my words.

Her hand gripped my hair tighter and I winced, making her loosen her hold.

"You'll stay if I tell you, right?" Before I could reply, she was already speaking. "Of course you will. You're such a good boy, baby. You know I'll kill myself without you. What was I thinking?" She shook her head with a small smile. "Remember your trip to Disneyland when you were thirteen?"

I slowly nodded, dread pooling in my stomach. It was the best time of my life. Mom and Dad had agreed to let my brothers and I go because it was my birthday. Ethan had promised to keep us all alive. Lucas was still my best friend - still a brother who loved me.

Thirteen had become my lucky number because of that one birthday.

Every good thing that could possibly happen kept happening. Aeroplane seat upgrade, hotel room upgrade, free rides -- everything. I was terrified to look up at her. The drugs and pain in my body would make it hard to go anywhere.

"I saw you at the airport," she suddenly laughed, "Hell, everyone saw you. They were probably thinking how anyone, and that too a guy, could be so stunning. You were so fucking beautiful that I didn't even care what the repercussions of my actions would be. I knew I had to get you."

She turned then, trapping me under her body.

"You were mine from the moment I met you. Love at first sight, baby." She pushed my hair back from my forehead and kissed my nose.

"Who are you?"

She tilted her head to the side, rolling off me. But she didn't look mad. I let out an inaudible sigh of relief. A knock came on the door, making me wince at the sound which in turn made her scowl at the man who entered. She pulled a sheet up to cover my lower half before saying barking something at the man who stood with his eyes downcast.