09: yule and dinner

09

"A NURSE RECOGNISED HIM and immediately called Doctor Wolfe. Poor kid..."

.

.

"It's already been days!"

"He should be waking up soon, son."

.

.

"She's turned herself in, Mrs Wolfe. Your son is out of danger now."

.

.

"We recommend rehabilitation once he is awake. He'll get better sooner that way..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I woke up to no pain. I couldn't smell her or anyone she made me-

My surroundings did not smell like her.

So I deemed it safe to open my eyes and let them roam around. Only to see Isaiah sleeping in a chair. Rose slept on the sofa, clutching the remote in her hand.

I smiled before it got wiped off my face.

Had she given me drugs again?

I yanked the needle out of my arm, hissing as it drew blood.

Motherfucker.

"Emile!" Isaiah was suddenly on my side, pressing against the would with the sheet as he pressed the call button.

"Where - how-" I murmured, before shaking my head and touching his arm softly. Of course, I wouldn't want to hurt him. Or taint him like I had been tainted. I just wanted to see if he was real.

He was.

He suddenly leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"We were so fucking worried, Emile. Holy fuck, you don't know how happy I am."

He kissed my hair before someone came running down to stand on the other side of my bed.

"Merry Christmas, Emile! I brought you Christmas dinner! The doctor said it's okay for you to have that. Are you hungry?"

Rose.

Fuck, I missed her.

I nodded but before she could run to get the food I pulled her back gently and wiped her eyes. She was too fucking beautiful to cry. Or be sad.

It did not suit her.

I cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears again before pulling her into a kiss.

"I missed you, Rosey poo."

She cried harder, burying her face in my neck as I pulled her closer. I was never letting go. Actually, I was fucking starving so maybe she could get me food before I hugged the hell out of my girl.

"Now can I have my Christmas dinner?"

She laughed, kissing my cheek before running to get it for me.

Isaiah, who had gone to get others, came back with the whole family, making everyone practically pounce on me simultaneously.

Mom and Elijah were crying whilst the others looked pissed as fuck. Good. I wanted them to fuck her up if they ever saw that bitch or her loyal dogs.

But it turned out that there was no need. She had turned herself in because she believed I was dead.

I told my parents about Alicia and Amara then. Even Matias and the other creep. I left out the gory details. I could see that my dad already knew so I just gave him a reassuring smile. I was back and safe. Granted, the happiness was starting to fade away from my face as I thought more and more about what had happened but I knew I would never let a few, very long bad days define my life.

No fucking way.

.

.

And that's exactly what I did. I went back to school. Faced the students and teachers. I beat up a few who looked at me wrong. My friends beat up those who said something wrong. It was a gradual process that everyone seemed to forget when we won the states.

Well, mostly.

There was still an odd sympathetic glance here and there when I changed in the disabled toilets or extra nice treatment whenever I would come after a few days but I knew it was to be expected. So I worked harder, played better and smiled more.

Some people were not as lucky as I was and there was no way I would ever take that for granted.

Rose and my brothers helped me tremendously. They actually gave me tough love which I was grateful for.

Except for the times I couldn't handle it anymore and just broke down. It could be the smallest thing like seeing the fucking Grinch shampoo in the house that would make me have a complete meltdown.

But then there were good days as well. Like going camping with my brothers or exploring every little cafe in the city with Rose.

During the Easter break, we planned another trip to Disneyland and after much begging, Mr Winters allowed Rose to come.

It probably would not have worked if Rose was not there since that is where I asked her to be my girlfriend.

Well, Mickey and Minnie pushed me because I was about to chicken out...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬