SHRIMP

minor crackhead warning!

"hey valt, what do you think of my shrimp drawing?" the young girl sitting next to the thirteen year old boy asked, holding up a paper with a large orange shrimp carelessly scratched onto it.

"nice! i like it." he gave one of his signature cheeky grins before pushing himself out of his chair and to the door of the classroom.

"wait! where are you going?" [reader] called to the older male.

"out," he replied simply.

[reader] had a feeling the boy was up to something.

"...and then we'll meet up at my house later, all right?" his voice was audible through the door, slightly ajar. not directed to [reader]'s ears.

"fine with me," a female voice giggled.

[reader] picked up her bag and slung it over her shoulder, walking out of the classroom. she passed the two who happened to still be talking and exchanging glances with each other, and couldn't help but wonder, 'who was that girl?'

it didn't matter to her. valt saw her as a younger sister.

as her soft footsteps thudded on the hallway floors, the loudspeaker sounded. "[first name], [last name], please come to the front office."

'oh god valkyrie, what did i do wrong this time?' she bit her bottom lip, then went over it with her tongue. there was a saltiness to the scar, built up over years of practice. ( if you know you know )

she reached the dreaded office and stood outside the door, going over the thought of 'maybe if i just stand here they'll forget about me, but also they're gonna come out of the office anyways, and plus there's security cameras'

"welcome, miss [last name]. please take a seat." mrs. adams, the front office lady, gestured to a worn black swivel chair.

[reader] hesitantly sat down, then grimaced as the chair sank down a couple of inches, now putting her at a low height.

"you know what you have been called here for, yes?" mrs. adams peered at [reader] from behind her horn-rimmed glasses. [reader] could never understand why that style of eyewear was so popular.

"um, no." she forced out the words, all memory of how to act as a human forgotten.

"very well, then." mrs. miller spun around on her own swivel chair, rummaging through a file cabinet before pulling out a thick manila file. "you know what this is, yes?" 

[reader] shook her head. "...no?" again, still unconfident and shaky.

mrs. adams whipped out a picture of a large orange shrimp. "you drew this, did you not?"

"yeah. why?" [reader]'s breaths were not stable.

"this is highly illegal content; banned information!! on school grounds!!" mrs. adams roared.

[reader] did not comprehend.

"miss [last name], you have read the student rights and responsibilities, and your parents have signed it. therefore, you shall be undergoing the required punishment for your misdemeanor."

a misunderstanding, yet [reader] still couldn't speak properly. "i... i don't understand." 

"no one is allowed to mention the shrimp, hinata shouyou, on school grounds."