AOI VALT

shu knew he was in trouble. from the moment his best friend valt had introduced him to his friend, y/n, he knew.

and now, with y/n chasing him down the road with a knife, blood dripping out of a gash in his right leg, oozing its way down his pant leg, he could confirm that y/n was trouble indeed.

it was clear from the beginning. how she acted so innocent, naive; it was all a guise to win valt's childish heart. and it looked like it had worked. shu found himself having less time with valt simply because the bluenette had chosen to spend his time with y/n. younger than him and valt by one year. to them, she was a kouhai. to her, the two of them were senpai.

shu stopped, panting and clutching his leg, frantically taking in his surroundings. where was he? maybe he had gotten lost. his location didn't matter now, did it? he thought, as he heard rapidly incoming footsteps; distinguished maniacal laughter. he ducked down into a nearby alleyway, hurrying as best he could with his leg still pulsating with immense pain. he hadn't necessarily had worse, but he mentally he was stronger than anyone.

he came out the other side and headed into what was the raging bulls' office building. not lost, but rather disoriented. fumbling for his id card, he jammed it into the scanner, pulled it out quickly, and hobbled into the lobby where, at the end the elevator was situated, breathing a sigh of relief. when a sharp wave of pain coursed through his leg, he winced and continued to limp across the hallway, leaving behind a wet trail of blood. he pressed the button, urging the elevator to hurry. hurry up already!

soft yet carefully placed footsteps behind him made him jolt and turn around, stumbling backwards into the now open elevator. he blinked, not believing what he saw. 

it was y/n, wielding a knife, the same one she had used to viciously stab his leg. they had just been walking downtown when she decided to attack him in the bathroom. a surprise attack that no one could have anticipated. but now... how did she get into the raging bulls' office building?

out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a doubled-over blond clutching his stomach just outside of the door. blood was seeping out fubuki's fitted black shirt, collecting in a puddle at his feet. the beautifully polished white stone, usually shiny but not slippery, now deserved one of the yellow caution wet floor signs.

the elevator doors slid closed, trapping him inside with y/n. why hadn't he pressed the close door button when he had the chance? ah. he had been staring at fubuki. his breathing grew heavier as he thought of all the possible outcomes of the situation, distressed. but the mature side of him soon started up, and he was all seriousness.

he opened his closed eyes with a deep breath, only to glimpse a slowly advancing y/n with no weapon in sight. would she actually let him go-? 

she seemed to have a blank expression, as if even she didn't know what was taking place in that fated moment.

shu's facial muscles relaxed.

but he was ahead of himself.

y/n reached forward, slashing open his throat in a quick forceful stroke. his body convulsed, spurts of dark fluid staining both their clothes.

the last thing he heard was a faint whisper. did he even hear correctly?

valt-senpai is safe now.

LATER

hey, y/n, have you seen shu lately? the young brown-eyed boy brought up one day over lunch, biting into his pork bun.