1 - Distance

word count : 630
Season 4

<><><><><><><><><><>
You were good at keeping your distance from the group after the episode what happened with your sister, you had been shy and quite from the start when you first joined the group when they let everyone from wood berry into the prison.

Your sister soon became close with carol and you close with Maggie. That was enough for rick and the rest to trust you and your sister enough to come into the same cell block as them.

You were a introvert to a tee. You did talk to others at the group, you played a big role there you were a skilled fighter and you were good at cooking and cleaning and also looking after the children at the prison too.

But once sun set came, you did what you did best. You had been doing the same thing for the last six months now. Only you knew. You tied your boot shoe laces and put your coat on, the air had a colder bite to it. You new it was early winter the back end of fall now. You grabbed your two knifes and walked out your cell.

You were clever at sneaking out of the prison, you found a small hole in the fence just big enough for you to slide yourself under. You stabbed a few walkers in the head as you walked into the woods.

After 10 minutes of walking you were there, this place were you came everyday once the sun fell. It was a small cottage what sat next to a lake a bit like a bayou, there was a small pear going down the lake what was obviously used for fishing. In the cottage there wasn't much when you first found it, thick dust, batted furniture. But after months of you going there you soon changed it and made it better to how you could.

You sat at the edge of the small house, with your legs hanging over the wooden pier, you light up a cigarette and inhaled the smoke

"So this is where you've been running off the last couple of months " you heard a familiar voice say as you turned your head to see the redneck stood at end of the pier.

You stood up and walked up to him offering him one of your cigarettes, " it's peaceful and quite" You said taking a drag from the cigarette, " I like it".

" Nah, don't bullshit me y/n " he said sparking up his cigarette what sat in between his lips. "Something wrong, you've Always been quite but never like this " He said as you smiled softly.

" Daryl, I lost someone. I know everyone has lost someone or something in their own way, and this is how I'm dealing with it " You said looking into the distance, " it's nice to think and get lost in your own thoughts." You said softly looking down.

Daryl didn't say anything other than just a hmm in agreement. You and him had never been the closest of friends, youse talked occasionally if you were out on a run and other than that it wound just be a ' hiya ' or a smile across the path. But you and him had a bond what attracted you to him and him to you.

" C'mon .... " he said tugging your arm, " let's go back " he said walking off as you soon threw the butt end off your cigarette onto the floor and turned back around to follow him home.

After that you and Daryl became closer and friends often visiting the bayou and the small cottage next to it, youse would sit there for hours talking about anything and everything. Daryl would help you with your hunting skills and even thought you how to use his crossbow.