19. I told you to stay

Season 9
Word Count : 1309

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

" You're not coming " Daryl said to you as you stood cross armed.

" Why not? you know I can fight, protect myself your letting Connie go too" You said as you ran after him walking to the hilltop's gate.

" Look these people aren't like any other group what we have dealt with, I just can't risk you being out there because there's a chance " He said to you as you looked at him.

" I just worry Daryl, when I'm not out there with you " you said as it brought a soft smile to Daryl's lips. 

" I'll be back tomorrow or tonight depending on how things go, try not to miss me too much" he said to go as you jokingly hit his arm. He walked off with his dog and Connie, you couldn't help but feel tense as Daryl left the hilltop gates. Youse weren't anything serious youse had only just admitted your feelings for each other, it took some time after rick Daryl become more and more distant with everyone but when u kept going to see him and bringing him 4 or 5 cookies you had made your friendship took another turn, he realised you did generally care for him.

" They will be fine, Connor may be deaf but she's got some skill on her " Magenta said with Indigo next to her.

You gave them both a soft smile " Thanks, anyway how are youse finding hear?" You asked them with their group being new to the community.

" Good , people are lovely just keep getting lost sometimes " Indigo said with a chuckle.

" yeah I was like that too, before you know it this place, you will know it like the back of your hand" you said to them with a soft smile and you walked off to your room.

More and more time has passed and now sunset was staring to go and night was coming in, you knew not to stress Daryl was always okay, but this was a new threat not like any other threat you had before. Your temptation and curious got the best of you. You grabbed your small backpack, and your machete as you snuck out through the gate.

You spent all night looking for Daryl and Connie, any tracks , things dropped , leafs what looked like they had been walked over . But you couldn't find anything. You sat down by a tree and light up one of your cigarettes as you heard a twig snap behind you, you shot up from your seat with your machete in your hand doing a full 360 look of your surroundings but from how dark it was it was hard to make out where the source of the sound came from.

You hurried down the path, now getting paranoid that you weren't alone, you kept on thinking about the conversation you and Daryl had had about you staying here and being safe. A wooden branch or something wacked into your head causing you to fall backwards. You looked up at the tree when you heard footsteps behind you, you shot up and sprung around to see one of them things.

" You fight alone, or you got your friends hiding out in the woods " you said to the person wearing the walker mask.

They looked at you not saying anything as you sighed getting inpatient " right I'm not actually that stupid I know you're not a walker and your a human so talk like one. Are you alone or have you got your friends out there " you said as they took a step closer to you.

" Why do you want to know?" They said in a voice not being able to tell if they were male or female.

" because I'm pretty fucked if your not alone" you said what caused a slightly chuckle to leave their lips.

" Nah , I'm alone" They started what gave you the perfect opportunity for what you wanted to do, you got the end of your machete and hit them hard on their head, you didn't care if they were knocked out or not, you just ran.

You wished you had never left now being in the situation of running back to home not even knowing if you will make it or not. The sky was so dark it made it hard for you too see, you cut corners fast trying to run as fast as you could. You must of took a wrong turn or something as you felt your ankle give way and your body tumbled down a slope. Your vision went blurry and as seconds went on your vision came darker and darker.

Your eyes lifted open to see the ground where you were laying on, your body and head ached as you felt something drip from your face you touched it and saw a blood on the tip of your fingers , great . You lifted your self up and scanned your surroundings on how to climb up the slope, there could be a few branches what you could use to pull yourself up other than that it was just going to be willpower, strength and hope.

It must of took you forever to climb up that slope, but you did it. I'm daylight you immediately recognised your surroundings. Hilltop was only a 10-20 minute walk now. The gates were the biggest relief you had seen, who ever was on watch duty opened them for you, you were met with tara who ran up and hugged you, " we were so worried y/n we thought they had got you or something " she said as you smiled.

" I have a head injury, and probably dehydration too" you said your voice sounding dry and worn out.

" you've been gone for 4 days y/n what the fuck happened to you?" She said to you, as that hit you hard....for all you knew you had only blacked out until morning, but what stunned you more is how you were alive and barely injured. A walker could of found you or even a whisper.

" I have no idea, last thing I remember I feel down a slope and then I woke up" you said as you both walked to the infamy.

Tara left you and around 15 minutes later Daryl came running in, you knew this was going to be bad but you didn't know how bad.

" I told you to fucking stay here and you go off for a little four day adventure " he said to you his words harsh and cold.

" I hit my head , I was knocked out that's why I was gone for so long " you said as he stood there and looked you up and down for a second.

" exactly you were knocked out for four days...anything could of happened to you, they could of kidnapped you, killed you or a walker could of got you" He said the doctor leaving the room from the awkwardness.

" yeah but I'm okay Daryl, I know where your coming from but I'm here , I'm fine no walker bites or scratches " you said getting up off the bed now taking a step closer to him.

" Why did you even leave anyway ?" He said this time not looking as angry.

" I went for you" you said your voice not being that loud.

Daryl took ahold of your arms bringing you in closer to him, " you can't risk yourself like that y/n " he said his hot breath hitting your forehead, " promise me that you will never go out looking for me, not on your own anyway even if I go missing for days just promise me that u won't go out by yourself " he said to you as you watched the despair in his eyes as he spoke.

" okay , I promise Daryl " you said as he hugged you tightly.