17. This really what you want?

Season 5
Word count: 1030
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Terminus had shaken you up, Daryl could tell it was loosing the prison as your home, being separated for weeks and then almost being killed by cannibals it was a lot of you. To make the situation even better all of Daryl attention was into carol, you got it them two were close, they had already been close before anything romantic even happened between you and Daryl. They had been apart for ages and carol did save all our arses you understood why he was with her more than you, but it still hurt you.

A day or too ago youse had met a man called Gabriel he had a church and youse went there. The first night was nice, it was nice to fall asleep with a roof over our head, yeah the wooden benches weren't the most comfy but it was home. When Rick told you the news that Daryl had left with carol, you tried your hardest not to let any emotion of anger Or sadness show. you understood him wanting to spend time with her, but to up and leave without even telling you especially knowing how you were feeling right now.

The rest of terminus who had managed to get out and stay alive didn't take it long to find the church and it didn't take us long to finish them off, michonne was happy because she got her katana back. The next day Daryl returned, without carol but with a new face. He explained everything the hospital, Noah knowing Beth, carol getting hit by the car. It was time to go to Atlanta. You and Daryl didn't talk much at all in the journey you sat next to michonne who obviously realised something was up.

" You and Daryl been arguing?" She asked quickly checking her mirrors. It was only me and michonne in the car so I didn't care to speak my mind.

" No, I haven't spoke to him. As soon as we got out of that terminus place he's with carol 24/7, then he leaves without any warning or goodbye. It seems that carol , Beth infact anything else other than me is more important too him" you said as you played with your nails.

" Look once we get Beth back and leaving Atlanta, talk to daryl tell him how you feel"  Michonne said.

You look a small gasp when you saw how the city was now, the last time you saw Atlanta there were army trucks and people feeling out of the city. Rick went over the whole plan, I only really listened out for what I had to be doing what was with Sasha.

We had one of their men now, Rick said how the other one had died due to basically being a jackass. We entered the hospital Daryl stood a few feet before me, they talked for a few minutes Rick and this women in police uniform. I zoned out for what felt like 10 minutes when the sound of a gun shot brought me back to reality, I looked up too see Daryl's face full of pain then taking out his gun and shooting the other woman. It all happend too fast to even really process what had just happened, I try to ignore the rest seeing how torn Maggie was to see her younger sister dead.

We were back on the road, Daryl mumbled something to Rick and walked off into the woods, " where he going?" I asked rick as he looked at me.

" to get some water " he said as I nodded and left the group walking into the woods the same way Daryl did, it only took you a minute or so before you found him, sat there by a tree looking off into the distance.

" you okay?" You spoke softly as your voice must of snapped him out of his daydream as he looked right towards you.

he stood up not saying anything and shook his head, you knew he was hurting from losing Beth as you went to bring him into a hug but to your surprise he didn't accept your hug but just rather push you off him.

" I just can't do this " he said as you frowned your eyebrows.

" can't do what?" You asked him a bit confused.

"This" he just whispered tears now falling from his watery eyes.

" What?me and you" You asked him hoping his answer was a no, but your answer was giving by his nodding head. "What?-why?" You asked tears now forming in your eyes.

" Andrea, Hershel , Dale , Merle , Beth there all dead, I all cared for them in a way. What if the same happens to you?" He said.

" Daryl you can't think like that, I don't know when I'm going to die or how I will die. Life is too short now , more shorter now than it was before so why the hell aren't you running to what you want" you said, you hated sounding needy but you knew you needed Daryl and that he needed you too.

" I just don't know , I just know that this isn't right, me and you it's not right, it won't work" he said now getting more angry in his tone.

" What the hell? you told me last week that I was the only girl you ever wanted " You said now getting a bit more angry in your tone.

" Yeah well I was lying " he said walking off, you ran after him grabbing his arm stopping him in his tracks.

" Why are you being like this....like a total jackass, I know you meant what you said Daryl don't lie to me and say you never meant it because I know you did." You said as he now looked at you, " I know your upset and your head is all over , but try and think realistically is this really what you want? For us to be over and done with?" You asked as he looked at you with a stone expression.

" it's over , this is what I really want " his cold words hit you, as he walked off to leave you alone.