15. I still feel that way.

Season 9
Word count: 912
———————————-
In all honesty no one really knew what to say about this new threat. They were people dressed as walkers wearing their skin. They had already took Jesus from us, who else would or could be next we didn't know.

We had one of them a girl, I'd say around Kate teens. She was dirty, her black greasy hair stuck onto the skin of her face. Me and Daryl walked a few feet stood apart with his dog following close behind, things were complicated after ricks death Daryl shut everyone off and away and that included you.

What ever there was between you and Daryl was now in the past, it was too pathetic to call it a proper realashsonihip but youse were more than friends. You didn't know how to start up the conversation did you walk over ask if he was okay? Ask why he cut you off, why he cut everyone off? Ask him what he still feels towards you. You shook the thought away and continued to walk before getting to the gates of Alexandria.

The girl was taken down into the cells to be keep as prisoner, you followed daryl, Michonne, Tara down into the prison cell when they through the girl onto the chair, she looked terrified and was crying but youse didn't know if that was staged.

" Cut with the bullshit " Michonne shouted at the girl, as she started to ask her question getting more frustrated with the fact the girl wasn't giving us any information.

" We should leave her, she ain't gunna talk" you said as you exited the cell as Daryl eyes fell onto you as you walked away.

There were a few more mumers between them as you heard the cell door close and then walk up the steps. You saw them all come up to level ground where you were stood as you looked at them, " What's the plan then?" You asked Michonne as you stood with Daryl:

" I'm going back to Alexandria to let people know about this" she said as you frowned your eyebrows at her.

" Am I staying here?" You asked her as she nodded her head.

" You and Daryl need to talk to her tomorrow try and get some more questions out of her" she said as you nodded your head.

" Okay we will" you said to her as she nodded and walked off.

You looked at Daryl who looked at you not knowing what to say. " You okay?" You asked him as he hit his thumb and nodded his head.

" You?" He asked in his low pitch voice as you just looked at him.

" I'm okay. Been better I guess" you said to him as he took a step closer.

" Why's that?" He asked you as you looked at him a bit confused.

" We just lost Jesus to these people who wear Walker skins and we have no idea who or how many they are " you said as he looked at you not breaking the eye contact.

" No I understand, look your going to be fine we all are" He said as you just looked at him.

" Jesus wasn't okay, we lost him. Who's next? We don't know" you said as he just looked at you.

" Ya know I wouldn't let anything happen to you " He said to you as you started at him with a blank expression.

" You mean that?" You said to him as tears swelled up in your eyes, " cause it felt like you didn't care about me at all, it's been 6 years " you said to him as you brushed past him and continued to walk away.
———————————-

You sat alone around the hilltop fence starting into the distance, there wasn't much to do the hilltop in your opinion it was your home Alexandria was your home.

" I'm sorry about earlier I owe you an explanation about earlier " You heard Daryl voice say as you turned your head to look up at him.

" why? Why leave me all of a sudden? There was no reason , no explanation , no goodbye you just cut me out of your life completely " you said to him standing up so your eyes were at level.

" I just couldn't okay. I couldn't see or be near anyone after rick. I never expect to lose rick it made me realise the same thing could happen to you" He said to you as you felt tears fall from your eyes as you looked at him.

" Daryl I understand I really do. But you need to understand that In a word like this , if you want it you need to go and get it. Because we don't know how much longer we have left." You said to him stepping a bit close to him.

" I still feel that way " He said to you as you looked up at him not knowing what to say, you were happy he said that.

" Really?" You asked him as he nodded his head softly.

" Seeing You again, seeing how much you've changed, your still that emotional crybaby I remember from the farm even though your more tough now" he said as you laughed slightly at his comment, " I still want you" He said as he stepped closer to you and took ahold of your arm and pulled you closer towards him.

Your lips crashed and met each other's , the kiss was no stranger as you had kissed him multiple times before.