Peter Parker/ Why Her?

Ok y'all there may be some triggering content in this chapter, so just be warned.

~Beginning of lunch time~

Come on Y/N you can do this! Just go up to him and say hi.

No, no, I can't. What if he thinks i'm weird? I can't risk embarrassing myself in front of him. 

"Hellooooo, Earth to Y/N." Your best friend Y/B/F/N says waving her hands in front of your face.

You snap out of your daze

"What?" You say looking at Y/B/F/N.

"You were staring a Peter again. Y/N, I really don't understand why you don't just go up to him and say hi. It's not even that hard." she says, looking at you with annoyance.

Easy for you to say. You are beautiful Y/B/F/N.

"I just can't. I'm not as outgoing as you are, Y/B/F/N. Plus what if he doesn't like me? What if I embarrass myself in front of him?" You say, getting more and more worried by the second.

"Y/N if he doesn't like you, than he is a complete idiot. I mean look at you, you are beautiful, talented, funny, smart, and the most amazing friend I could ask for." Y/B/F/N says encouragingly.

In your peripheral vision you noticed Peter get up and start walking your way, he seemed determined, but also a little nervous. You began panicking the closer he got to the table.

Y/N calm down. Breathe in, breathe out. Just say hi.

"Y/N what's wrong?" Y/B/F/N says looking at you with concern.

"Peter is coming our way." nervously, You look down at your hands.

A shadow falls over your table, and You smell a sweet scent.

Cinnamon and Vanilla? Must be Peter. Oh crap

"Hey Y/B/F/N, oh and hey Y/N." Peter says, you look up from your hands at his face and smile.

"Hey, Peter, how are you?" Y/B/F/N says, smiling at him warmly.

"I'm really good, thank you. How are you?" Peter asks

"I'm doing splendid." she says joyfully.

"That's great, Hey ummm I was just wondering if you would ummm like to go out with me?" Peter asks Y/B/F/N, wringing his hands nervously.

Your heart dropped.

Of course he likes her.

"Oh my gosh Peter, I thought you would never ask. I would love to go out with you!" Y/B/F/N says excitedly.

Wait what? I thought she didn't like him. I thought she liked Brandon from the soccer team.

Peter looked up and smiled joyously, he must have been holding his breath because his face was red and he heaved a huge sigh of relief.

"Thank God, I thought you didn't like me. Can I get you number so I can like text you and stuff?" Peter asks.

You suddenly get up. Making everybody around you look up due to your sudden movement. You look at Y/B/F/N, and she looks smug. It's like she wanted this to happen. She wanted to see your heart break. You start walking away, your eyes misting up. You head for the bathroom, and you start sprinting so nobody will see the tears on your face. You walk into the Bathroom and go to the very last stall, and you start sobbing.

Is this what heart break feels like? Why would she do this to me? What did I ever do to her? All I have ever been is good friend. I don't understand. Why her?