Peter Parker/ Lemon the Cat

Despite how much you told yourself to not get attached, you did.

Peter had gotten a 2 year old rescue cat, and he gave it to you for your birthday, and to say it was cute was an understatement. It was the most adorable cat you had ever seen. It had yellowish fur, and it's eyes were a green shade. It had a very playful personality, so Peter ended up getting it lots of toys and treats. He had grown attached to the little thing during the few days he was caring for it by himself.

Peter came over to your house, giving you an abnormally large box, that had lots of holes in it. As you peered inside, you caught a glimpse of some yellowish fur. After seeing that you quickly ripped open the box.

Immediately after seeing it, you had the perfect name.

"Awww, Lemon. That's what I'll call you." You said, as you picked it up out of the box.

"Lemon?" Peter had questioned.

"Yes, Lemon. Cause of its color. And i can already tell she's sweet, just like a lemon." You state, scratching Lemon behind the ear as you looked at Peter.

After that, Peter came over to your house almost everyday. You two had grown closer while caring for Lemon.

Eventually, after almost a year of having Lemon, you and Peter decided that it was time you got an apartment together. After all, it had been two years since you guys had started dating, and both of you had steady jobs going for you. Peters job being with the Avengers, and mine a detective at the NYPD.

It was a struggle at times, to care for Lemon. One night, you had gotten home at just around 10 pm, you were exhausted from the ongoing investigation your team was working on. Your boss had to literally push you out the door to get you to leave.

As you walked into your shared apartment, you stepped in something questionable. Turning on the light in your kitchen, you looked at what it was that you stepped in. It was puke. You took off your socks and threw them in your washer, and continued your new investigation. As you looked around you saw multiple spots of this scattered throughout your house.

There was a trail of tiny little spots of puke, which you followed into your bedroom. There, lying next to an abnormally large puddle of puke, was Lemon.

You immediately called Peter, informing him of what you found. You then brought her to the pet hospital, and they examined her. They established that she had a heart worm infection. The vet then gave us some instructions on how to take care of Lemon, and some antibiotics.

This was just one of the few incidents that had happened with Lemon. She was a very sick cat, but when she was healthy, everything was so bright.

As three years past by, your relationship with Peter grew, and your love for each other as well.

After a long investigation, and a whole week of not seeing each other, Peter took you on a vacation. He had secretly gone to your boss, and got you 10 days of time off. Your 6 year old cat Lemon was dropped off at Aunt Mays, and off you went on what was probably the best trip you had ever been on.

Peter and you went on a 7 day cruise along the coast of Alaska. It was beautiful, but despite all your wishing, it had to end.

As you and Peter got off your flight home, Peter got down on one knee.

"Y/n, these past 5 years have been a blur. I wish I could slow down time, because time is just breezing by us. And I can never get enough time of just being with you. But during these past years with you, I've fallen so deeply, helplessly in love with you. I remember asking you for your number, I was terrified to say the least. But you said yes. I don't think either of us expected to get so deep into this relationship, but we did. And I'm so happy that we did. I don't really understand how you fell in love with a guy like me, but you did. Anyways, would you do me the honor of making me the happiest man in the universe, and marry me?" Peter had said, you two crying pretty much the entire time he was stuttering through his little speech.