feb

feb. 12 2006

"dongie! look look! i brought you something!" a bright smile appeared on a girl's face. in her hands was a small bouquet. roses, tulips, daffodils, sunflowers, irises. all the flowers, the little boy loved to pick out of the pretty garden next door.

a small boy whipped his head around, a sunfilled smile growing on his face. his face was like the sun, golden, and glowing.

"what! what! what is it?" his small hands hooked onto her own, trying to pry her hands away from her back. the little child's cute smile, seemed to grow even more, if it was even possible.

"here!" the little girl exclaimed, reaching out her arm from her back and bringing out a peice of string. it was a red string with texture like rope.

"mommy says that if you wear this with the love of your life, then you'll always be connected to each other! no matter how far apart you are!" the girl smiles, wrapping it around his tiny wrist.

"do you have one too?" donghyuck asks, looking at his wrist as he glances at her own.

"of course!" she replied bringing up her arm to show him.

"you're the love of my life dongie! i hope that one day, we will find each other. no matter how far apart we will end up, i hope that we can always find each other. promise me you will try to find me? i promise to find you always."

as their smallest fingers wrapped around bonding the promise, glass, darkness, the sound of an immense crash, robbed donghyuck of this pretty image.

feb. 12 2016

sweat, tears, poured down as haechan sat up from his bed. a sharp pain went through his head. it seemed as though that dream was so vivid. it was too vivid. he could feel the blood pouring down from his arm and down his finger tips. he could feel some of his bones cracking like it was yesterday. it seemed all too real.

but it didn't happen. it never happened. it was just a dream. a dream with an inconsiderable meaning. at least that's what haechan believed.

haechan looked over at the clock. 1:27 am it read. he sighed, as he pulled the blanket closer to his chest. questions, thoughts, spiraled down the drain of his brain. he knew that peice of rope somewhere. he sighed again as he turned over to his side.

no, you've never seen it before haechan. it's all a lie.

over and over and over again he told himself. he would've remembered if it wasn't a lie. he would've remembered that dream as a memory. he would've known why she called him donghyuck, when his name was haechan. he could recall the small girl's name, if it wasn't just a dream.

curiosity caught the best in haechan. with all his anger, he aggressively pulled the blankets down and got up. he rolled up his sleeves and decided to rummage through his things. his drawers, shelves, his backpack. nothing. he couldn't find anything. the last thing he could check was his closet.

nothing was in there though except for empty boxes for shoes. haechan sighed for the millionth time tonight. but something kept tugging at him.

it wouldn't hurt to look right?

as he went through every single empty box, there was one last one in the very back. it was one of his older shoes, ones that didn't last very long, and that didn't fit his feet anymore. why the box was still there was out of haechan's mind. he shook it, and it wasn't empty this time.

he hesitated.

what is wrong with me? this is all just a stupid dream. it could have never happened. i don't remember seeing that little girl in my life!

haechan argued with himself, the box just resting in front of him. finally after contemplating all of his thoughts, after gathering all of his unanswered questions, he snatched the box onto his lap.

he opened it, and all of his questions doubled up in size. photographs, dead flowers, everything was like a police case. he didn't know where to start. but he knew what to try to find. haechan rummaged through it like a raccoon going through garbage.

his hand hit the bottom of the box when he felt a peice of rope, brush along on his fingers. he pulled it out, and his heart thumped. his stomach dropped. his figure slumped over.

"no." he whispered to himself, as he slipped on the red rope around his wrist.