a/n: flashbacks will be in bold and italics on the right:)

feb. 25 2016
school was back in session after a week off. gia groaned as she got ready to enter her worst nightmare.

it wasn't that she hated school. her school work was fairly light, and she always finished her work quickly. it was the people. all the girls tried to be someone they weren't. they tried so hard to get people's attention that it made gia sick.

unfortunately, she always surrounded by those kinds of people. twenty-four seven, she was surrounded and 'loved' by people that didn't even know her favourite color. it was because her parents were big contributors to her school, sopa. seoul school of performing arts.

her parents owned half of sm entertainment, and payed large amounts of money to help with improvements with different schools for performing arts. her father owned a large company in the music industry. he was the company that people would go to, to publish their music and where they would go to, to apply to which label they would end up with. he was the ceo of music bank, and he was a huge name in the producing world.

her mother on the other hand, owned a business in the fashion world. it was passed down to her from her mother's generation. she owned a huge fashion market that sold luxury brands. chanel, gucci, kate spade, all of them included. one day, it would all be passed down to gia.

it would be an understatement to say that gia's family was, comfortable.

and that's why everybody loved her... money.

everybody kissed gia's ass. no matter where she went, people would want to go. what she bought, suddenly became the next big thing. who she talked to, they suddenly became the star of the show as well. because of her money. because she had connections. because she could get you expelled in a snap of a finger.

but when gia was gone, and when they thought she was out of sight, all of that 'love' was gone. it was replaced with comtemptuous behavior, and jealousy. comments, things that are said behind the 'love' and behind the 'adoration', were the cruelest things you could ever hear.

why people would assume that gia was a rich brat, spoiled to the core, a nightmare dressed in a daydream, evil, never would be able to be answered.

people always assumed that she was this cold, rich, ice queen that they see in the movies, but in reality, she just wanted real friends. excluding her best friend yna, the only one who saw through the facade that people put up for her.

and him, of course.
if she would still count him as a friend.

as gia reached the gates of hell, she sighed and walked into her department.

☼ ☼ ☼

haechan ruffled his hair. he couldn't believe he was going to be late to school. and on his first day.

it was peculiar for a student to transfer in the second semester, but it was what he was told to do. after he got accepted into sm entertainment everything has changed for him.

haechan was born to a quite comfortable family. his mother a docter working in one of the most prestigious hospitals in seoul, and his father... well he didn't know exactly what he did. he just knew that he was some kind of business man and made a lot of deals.

even though his parents had quite the career, haechan wanted to take a different path. when he was born, he was blessed with a beautiful voice. one so unique, it allowed him to be able to offered many auditions in several different companies.

he decided to choose sm. it was closest to where he lived, and it wouldn't require him to leave his parents behind. it also just felt like the right place to be.

haechan had many friends there as well so it wasn't surprising that he would follow them.

his friends renjun and chenle who came from china, mark his best friend from canada, jeno from elementary, jisung who was still such a little kid, and jaemin, who sadly was in the hospital currently recovering from an accident. they all had a dream to become singers, and they all promised one another to debut.

it was something that haechan couldn't give up on after that one night.

haechan couldn't stop crying. his sobs were soft and unheard, but heavy nonetheless. this dream was too much this time. he didn't know what it meant anymore. why did it gave him such chills down his back? it was just a simple dream.

"dongie! donghyuck! did you know that i went to the wishing well, and i threw in a penny?"
the six year old girl said, grabbing the other boy's hand. she held it so gently, like he was a vase that her mother would never allow her to touch.

haechan shivered. he could still feel her touch, just lingering along his fingertips.

"what did you wish for?" the boy asked, squeezing her hand tighter. he took a glance at her. she looked like a star. a glowing star. her smile so bright that it could light up the whole night.

"that you could become a singer."

and haechan awoke. the tears only stopping when he fell back asleep, now going into dark dreamless night.