Ch.1: The Beginning of the End pt.1

Surdeis Malari is a 17 year old happy-go-lucky kid living in Cainta City, Philippines. People tease him of his messy short hair but he only claims that it was his style.

People often describe Surdeis as nice, playful and lighthearted kid who won't think twice in helping someone in need.

However, those close to him knew him as someone diligent and clever. A person willing to do everything and anything to attain his goals.

His outgoing demeanor matched with an ever present smile that reflects a rare genuine kindness was like a magnet that attracted people around him.

No one would have ever thought that this cheerful kid is carrying a heavy burden.

The Malari family is a dirt poor family in the Philippines. Calling them poor would do poor people injustice.

Their misfortune started when his mother got diagnosed with a terminal ilness not too soon after he was born.

It wasnt too long that doctors concluded that they soon will try an expensive experimental treatment.

His family then spent fortunes just to keep the disease at bay. Time went by and soon they were swimming in debt.

"Its okay, you guys dont have to worry about me"(Mom)

Her mother said with a smile. Her eyes and cheeks were sunken. The once healthy tan skin was now pale, yet her spirit remained strong and stubborn.

'If only I had money..If only I wasnt so weak then I wouldnt be this useless'(Surdeis)
...
For them to pay their massive debt, as well as her mother's medical bills, his father worked multiple jobs and Surdeis worked part time in a local junk shop after school.

Luckily, it was also around that time that Surdeis discovered his ability.

One day while watching a match of basketball, a player caught his attention.

Step, step. Dribble.

With fancy footwork and ball handling, the player breezed over the other four players. The last one heavily guarded him as this will make or break their match.

The player raised his hand then aimed at the hoop, the guard in return moved his hand in an attempt to block. With a flick of his hand, the ball flew.

 With a flick of his hand, the ball flew

Swoosh!

Surdeis was dumbstruck as he intently watched the player's movements.

A mild jolt coursed through his nerves.
...

The next day, Surdeis got called out by his friends on the way home from his part time job.

"Oist! Sordi! Those guys are beating us and Junjun there sprained his fockin ankle. Sub a bit and lets kick their asses."

Surdeis glanced at their opponents. Not only do they seem more experienced, they were also bigger and stronger.

He was about to refuse when his friend brought out a small coin purse.