Ch.1: The Beginning of the end pt.2

Just before he could finish his thought he heard something.

he opened his eyes.

There he saw in the hands of his mother was a small gift wrapped box.

"Did I interrupt?"

His mother said as she smiled.

"My grandmother gave this to me. I..I know I wont live long to give this to my grandkids but I can still give it to you"

Surdeis opened the gift and saw a silver ring wrapped in a pink floral patterned cloth.

"Mom.. why say that. You did'nt have to.." (surdeis)

"Oh shut up. Forget about grandchilden I know you still havent got a girlfriend."(Edetha)

His father chuckled then said.

"Dont be so harsh on the boy! And stop talking like youd die too! ... Anyway, your mother and I agreed to this. Giving the ring, I mean, to you long before. This is the only thing we still havent sold you know? Hahaha!" (Father)

Surdeis recieved the gift gratefully then kept it on his pocket.

"Your candle's dying. Thats expensive so you better make your wish soon"(Father)

Surdeis closed his eyes.

Tears fell down like waterfalls as his will to hold it back was broken by his parents words.

'I wish to be stronger. I wish to be with all of you always..'

"..eheup.. heup"

*sfx trying to breathe while crying*

"Are you sure we raised a man Edetha? Hahaha" (Father)

His father jokingly said teasing the boy who was crying unsightly like a baby.

"Haha"

Then she continued

"yes we did. We're proud of you, Surdeis"
...
In the middle of the night, the scent of blood reeked in the air.

*sfx loud banging noise*

*sfx children screaming*

Surdeis suddenly opened his eyes.

'What was that?'

*gunshot*

*thump-thump. thump-thump*

His heart pounded. He hurriedly stood up from his wooden plank of a bed.

'...Mom! Dad!'

Panicked sounds of screaming and babies crying was heard around their small home by the slums.

Smelling the scent of iron, his heart beated so hard it became audible.

*thump-thump thump-thump*

He ran out of his room. His steps came to a halt. The sight of two people wearing police uniforms were busy smashing everything they saw as they searched around the house.

Surdeis's heart beated faster and louder. His hands cant stop trembling from being overwhelmed by fear and confusion.

'What the hell is happening?'

His eyes shot open when he saw someone crawl out from his parent's room.

Barely recognizable from all the bruises and blood on its face, however Surdeis knew who this person was.

"You fucking assholes! You sons of bitches!!"

His father screamed with a hoarse voice that contained all the hate in the world.