Ch. 3 A new beginning p 2

Sol came back with a Rabbit Stew and rabbit skewers when he saw the youth to not only manage to create weapon but also armor too.

'What the heck happened to this boy?'(Sol)
....
Sai had gone to bed first after they had finished their supper, leaving the husband and wife at the table

"Julie, I feel like there is something wrong with Sai. Something is different about him.."(Sol)

"I know what you mean"(Julie)

Julie said with a complicated expression on her face. She closed her eyes as if she was in deep thought.

"So it isnt just me. What do you think happened to him"

Julie opened her eyes and looked at Sol with an expression that seemed she would show a revelation.

"Our boy.."

Sol leaned his head in anticipation.

"..our boy is a genius! Finally his skills showed! I can only feel proud of him as his mother."

Julie said proudly with her chest puffed up. Sol, on the other hand just gave up and said.

"Yeah.. maybe youre right. Im just overthinking things.."

Julie then gave him a solemn look.

"Sol, I know what you're thinking. Everything Sai has been doing since he woke up is absurd."

She looked at the boy's room then continued

"But maybe after his long sleep, the mana finally became stable and we get to witness him do stuff he had never done before."

Julie stared at the starry night sky, her words filled with emotion

"I believe in our boy, his birth itself was a miracle. If my mana and yours werent different then this wouldnt have.."(Julie)

Sol hugged Julie, consoling her as she started to tear up.

Hybrids are very rare not only because reproducing with another race was considered taboo but the mana must also be at sync with each other. In the rare chance that the child survives, it's body would be weak and the lifespan would be incredibly short.
...
*sfx flapping of wings*

"Youre an incredible man mr. Surdeis. The remaining me in this body will soon be gone so please, take care of them in my stead. This is my last wish.."
....
Sai woke up with tears in his eyes. He recalled someone talking to him in his dream.

'I will do my best to fulfill your wish young man. You can count on it.'

He said inwardly and somehow this body felt a sense of relief. Sai understood this boy because he too wished the same. He can only show his respect by honoring its wish. Soon the mana disappeared completely.

Sai woke up refreshed. His bruises had healed quickly thanks to the herbs placed by Julie.

He stood up and did some flexibility stretches, afterwards he started doing pushups, squats, and other physical training. This body is still weak. Leveling up might be good but forging the body the old fashion way is still an effective method in raising the base stats. How can it protect others when he cant even defend itself. He looked at his exp points computing how much he needs to lvl up.

'I leveled up before after killing two 25 exp monsters but this body needs 6?'
....
After Sai had filled his stomach, he returned to the grasslands to hunt. As he was on his way to the trap he had set yesterday, he saw his mortal enemy.

'..horned rabbit.'

Sai nocked his bow and aimed at the horned rabbit eating wild vegetation.

[Weapon Enhance: Ignite][Fire Elemental Damage +10]