Ch 7. Sai the Adventurer pt. 1

"He told me grandfather based this technique off an ancient art. An art older than our current world, even long before we became aware of mana."

'..Is this?..'

Somehow Sai remembered the book in his possesion.

'The Three Grottos: Zhen'

Under his breath, Sai mumbled the word 'Ki'.

"..! Thats the one! Did Sol thaught you about it?"

"No.. I heard someone mention it before"

Mamoru paused and squinted his eyes.

"If it wasnt Sol then who.."

Sai more or less knew why Mamoru had that reaction. If this man, a swordsman of his calibre, became this powerful with just a glimpse of Ki then who else might

'Does Sol know ki? Should I tell Mamoru about that old man. Now that I thought about it I dont even know that persons name..'

He pondered.

Right now, Sai decided that if he want to be a step closer in unifying Ryosei, aside from being a top ranked adventurer, learning about Ki would be one of his top priority.

"I heard it from some old man from a store Rei introduced me, I dont know his name though. Maybe mr Mamoru know who that person might be?"

Mamoru thought for a moment. After a few seconds of racking his brains Mamoru gave a sigh of defeat.

"I wish I knew. Im pretty sure If he knows about ki, I wont forget him."

Sai pouted.

'Who the hell was that old man. I need to go back to that store soon."

Sai tried to shake off the awkward atmosphere by asking a question.

"How was Inumiya yesterday?"

Inumiya appeared to like swordsmanship and Mamoru seemed to be interested in the beastman youth.

However, contrary to Sai's assumptions. Mamoru's folded his and riled.

"That boy! At first he was eager to learn and followed what I said, but after a couple of hours he started blabbering about the style. Saying it should be this way and that!"

The youths brows curved.

'Sheesh, Inumiya what did you do?..'

Maybe he sensed that Sai became somewhat troubled after his reply. As if to comfort him Mamoru continued.

"Inumiya really does have talent, I cant deny it. Im pretty sure that dog boy would still go to our lessons but I wish he didnt butt in so much and just listen"

"Im sorry if Inumiya had caused you trouble."

"Its fine. Besides It still helped me curb my boredom so I still have to thank you two for that."

The swordsman replied to him with a gentle smile.

The two continued their travel on horseback as Mamoru chatted with Sai.

After a while the mixed scenery of green forest and farmland slowly changed to a landscape of houses with style similar to those found along the paths.

The two reached a huge red arch.

"Were here, Capital City of Rukin. I believe its your first time here. Let me guide you to the adventurers guild"

Sai nodded and said his thanks.

The whole of Rukin city is filled with food stalls, stores, houses, with no apparent distinction making it a lively yet confusing city.