Ch. 3 A new beginning p.1

What happened to him? What was happening on the Euten? Did a hero summon happen?

Sai had more questions than answers as the two arrived at his humble home.

Out of all the things that troubled him, Sai only asked this question:

"What country was this again?"

Rei felt pity towards this youth. He even forgot what country this was.

"It's Ryosei. Hey Sai Im really glad youre back but I gotta go to train with my mom.. If I get any more late than I am now.. "

Rei was hesitant to leave his friend who had just risen from his long coma. Unable to let his question go past another day, Sai called Rei as she turned to make her leave.

"Wait!"

"Hm?"

"Do you know anything about the middle continent?"

Rei was confused as to why he would ask that but gave an honest reply anyway.

"Uhm.. its the biggest continent?"

Sai bit his lip. That was'nt the answer he wanted to hear. Ryosei is a pretty far country from Euten. Information from other nations rarely reach, but he asked one last question as a longshot.

"Were there any news about summoning a hero?"

"Sorry, I don't know.. Why you ask?"

'I expected as much.'

"No worries, just a random thought haha"

He replied with an awkward smile and said his thanks before she left apologetically.

'Ryosei..'

As far as Surdeis' memory goes, this was the eastern most country just beside the vast Algorean Ocean. This was also one of the countries that were first to be devastated by the Demon army.

'She's right. As of now this body i..'

It wasnt just physical strength either. Wealth, military strength, influence, level, equipment. These were all the things he need within three years to make a difference on the Demon invasion.

He observed his stick thin body.

'This is going to be hard.'

Unsightly food was prepared on their small dining table. Sol came in and stopped Sai as he was about to reach the nasty bowl then prepared food for him instead.

Sol was actually a decent cook, he thought to himself as he burped. Sai finally ate something decent and felt some life return to his body.

Without wasting time, Sai went outside to practice with a pole he found lying around.

'If what my theory is correct then..'

He focused on the pole. Remembering how he held it in his previous life. Sai inhaled cold air.

*exhale*

Thrust!

*ping*

[You now have the ability <Staff Novice>]

[You can wield the Staff and Staff-like weapons proficiently. +2% on all attacks using Staff type weapons]

Sai was surprised. It seems his [Photographic Reflex] can still remember the muscle memory of his past life. As long as he perform it once the skill or ability will instantly be learned. Sadly, he was still at lvl 1 and the limits still applied.