We Can Be Happy

I took Jisoo back to my place and watched with a hidden smile as she sat in my chairs, drank out of my glasses, watched my TV with my on my couch and finally, put on a pair of my sweatpants and stood shyly at the foot of my bed.

"What'cha doing?" I drawled, leaning back against my pillows.

She responded with a bit of a smirk, then scratched her stomach. "Tired."

I stretched out a bit. "Okay. Well, goodnight."

"Jennie..." Jisoo admonished lightly, and I laughed a little bit.

"Alright, come on." I patted beside me and scooted over a tiny bit. "Just enough room for a Jisoo."

She crawled up the bed and planted herself next to me. I slipped under the blankets, lay on my side and looked up at her.

Still sitting up, she looked down at me thoughtfully. "What are we gonna do?" She asked after a while.

I didn't move. "What do you mean?"

She shrugged, picking at the blanket. "I don't know."

"Uh huh..." I poked her leg with a single finger. "Wanna watch Leatherface?" I murmured.

She shook her head.

"Freddy?"

She was still. I poked her again. "Pennywise the Clown?"

She raised an eyebrow at this. Jisoo, age nine, was sent into fits of tears and shakes at the sight of the evil clown and never watched it since. "No horror." She almost shuddered.

"Are you tired?" I asked.

"No."

"Do you want to go spit off the balcony?"

She actually laughed at this, shaking her head. "Your room kind of smells like vomit."

I groaned, burrowing my face into the pillow.

"Oh, come on. Not, like, bad vomit." She said, patting my back until I rolled over to face her.

"That was a very feeble attempt at making me feel better." I said, sighing.

"Whose puke was it?"

"Mine. I barfed over the balcony, too. Last night. It was quit the marathon ralphing session." I tell her.

"How much did you drink?"

"Not that much. I think it was more of the, 'I'm nervous, now I have to barf' barfing."

"All over the bedroom floor?"

"I slept next to it." I let her know brightly, nodding. "I hear in some cultures the presence of stomach contents, you know, outside of the stomach is an aphrodesiac."

"I don't think you heard that." She says, slipping under the covers and lying down to face me.

"I didn't." I say, now otherwise occupied with her eyes to come up with anything else to say.

We're both silent for a minute, then she leans in and kisses me softly and very briefly.

"Do it again."

She does, leaving me with a smile on my face. "Jisoo?"

Her full attention has never left my face.

"All those things you told me." I ask timidly. "The other night. Did you mean them?"

"You think I was just saying it to hear myself speak?" She whispers, scooting a little closer until our noses are almost touching.

My stomach does little flip flops, and before I know it I've wrapped my arms around her, and my face is in her neck. Still lips pressed against skin.

"Jisoo?"

"Hm?" The sound forms in her throat, I feel it with my lips.

I snake my hand around, under the front of her shirt and lay it just over the soft spot where ribcage meets breast. She's breathing slowly

"I want you to move in here. With me." I say, kissing her softly on her pulse point. I feel her swallow. "I want you to...go back to school, and sleep in my bed every night, and I'll take care of you."

I pull away from her slightly to look at her eyes. There's a smile on her lips but it looks like she's gazing right through me.

"Jisoo?" I make a move to remove my hand, but she snaps out of her trance and holds it where it is, going in to kiss me. I let her, and she pulls me in closer.

"I think we can be happy." I whisper in her ear, causing her to squeeze me tightly.

"I believe you." She says in a deep, throaty voice. Without another second's hesitation I pull her shirt off of her body and she pulls me on top of her.

I'm completely lost in her, on top of her and pressing against her and soon her hands are all over my body, removing my clothes in record time.

"Jisoo..." My voice is almost gone, husky like I've never heard it. "If you...we can just...we don't have to..." The way she's kissing my neck is making it hard to breathe.

"I want to." She grunts against my neck.

"Sure?" I gasp. I need this to be right for her, I need to know she's okay.

She then brings her lips to my ear, sending a shiver up and down my body with her purred, "I need to. I need you."

I'm gone.

All that I'm aware of is Jisoo's breath, my breath, coming heavy and fast. A girl's hands touching every inch of exposed skin, knowing exactly how to love me. Our bodies so close, so tangled in each other, so entwined that if you told me we were seperate people I'd call you a liar.

We're panting, sweating, and whimpering and whispering to each other, and I promise I couldn't tell you a word either of us said.

We're both writhing, in pleasure, in complete happiness and solace, finally. A thousand different dreams coming true, better than you ever could have imagine. I hold her long after we're finished, or maybe she's holding me. Holding our slick bodies against each other, and I'm kissing her head.

"I love you." She tells me breathlessly, stroking my stomach and kissing my collarbone. The calm after the storm has never felt so good, not like this with anyone, ever. "I love you so..." She sighs. "I loved that."

I hardly allow myself to blink, gazing down at her and her tousled hair, bruised lips. "You're beautiful." I murmur. "Especially like that."

She looks up at me. "Really?" She asks with an adorable, grin.

"Absolutely." I tell her.

She looks up at me shyly and I think I could get used to her tired, satisfied gaze. It's a look I've never seen on her before and one I now know I love to put on her face. "Jendeuk?"

"Yeah?" I ask, stroking her back with my free hand.

"Was I, uh...well, was it - " She stammers.

"Jisoo." I laugh out loud, hugging her closer. "Jichu." I slide my hand all the way down her side, her naked thigh, and back up again. I kiss her shoulder. "I've never felt like that - ever. It's not even..." I shake my head. "I don't have words for you right now, I'm sorry... You're so perfect." I mutter, feeling luckier than I've ever felt. My entire body is buzzing.

"You're so...mine." Jisoo says gently, kissing my bare breast.

"Does that mean you're moving in?" I ask, after a few seconds.

Jisoo chuckles sleepily, burrowing into me. I hold her more loosely as I feel her fall asleep.

I watch her for a little while. The way her cheek is smooshed against my shoulder, the way her hair looks hung against her exposed chest. How her hands hold me in just the right way even as she sleeps. How we fit together in ways I never thought we would.

I look at her in a new way.

I take in everything I can see of her with heavy lidded, sleepy eyes.

And just when I think I might start crying, but only a little, I finally drift off the sleep.