prologue

The first thing Jeon Jeongguk does when he wakes up in the morning is look in the mirror. He examines his face, his clear skin, dark eyes, and bedhead of black hair. He analyzes the bags beneath his eyes, criticizes his smile lines. No, he isn't conceited, nor is he vain, nor self-centered. No, he isn't someone obsessed with maintaining a youthful appearance, someone who uses every available beauty product or home remedy to keep the wrinkles off his face.

In fact, Jeongguk would cry of overwhelming joy if he saw a glimpse of the beginnings of a crease in his forehead, a single strand of gray hair.

Because that would mean one thing: that he finally, finally, after 212 years of being alive—met his soulmate.

But, after over 200 years of this habit, this process that has never proved to be fruitful, Jeongguk decides to try something else, rather than walking around and hoping to run into the one he's destined to be with, or praying that the cashier at the convenience store who checked out his banana milk was his soulmate. Jeongguk decides to get with the times—

and try a dating app.

SOULMATE AU IN WHICH you stop aging at the age of 18 until you meet your soulmate so you can grow old together.

A FEW THINGS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW:

•people who live for extremely long amounts of time are considered to be flukes in society, called Wanderers, unable to live happily, with their only release being death. if others or the government finds out, he'll be isolated and cast out from society. this concept will be further explained in the first real chapter.

•you have to meet your soulmate in person to begin aging again

i'm actually so excited for this, pleeeease don't let it flop because i love writing this

COMPLETED: SEPTEMBER 23, 2019
EDITED: MAY 8, 2020