i'm one, too

TWO
SLEEPING AT LAST

It's okay if you can't find the words
Let me take your coat
And this weight off of your shoulders
Like a force to be reckoned with
A mighty ocean or a gentle kiss
I will love you with every single thing I have
Like a tidal wave, I'll make a mess
Or calm waters, if that serves you best
I will love you without any strings attached

"Hey, hyung—holy shit." Hoseok begins, but cuts himself off with an expletive as Jeongguk and Haneul walk into his hospital room. Jeongguk raises his eyebrows at his gaping best friend, who sits up in his hospital bed. He looks much better than when Jeongguk last saw him, which is a relief to Jeongguk, who felt a little guilty for leaving his side for a longer than 24 hours. He had planned on going back to the hospital when Haneul woke up from her nap, but her forcing him to sleep was not planned into his schedule.

That didn't bother him too much, though, because, to his surprise, he slept. He slept until the next morning, uninterrupted. No images of Jimin or his soulmate or the wedding—nothing but the peaceful blackness of sleep. When he finally opened his eyes, he found Haneul in bed next to him, reading a book. Her hair was damp and fell around her face in ringlets, and she smelled like cinnamon, no doubt fresh from a shower. It took him a few seconds to realize that he hadn't been awoken by a nightmare, but when he did, a smile bloomed on his lips, and he felt the backs of his eyes stinging with happy tears.

He sat up slightly on his elbows, catching Haneul's attention. She looked up from her book, but the words she planned on saying evaporated from her lips when she saw the fondness he was gazing at her with. He shifted onto his side and lifted one hand to brush the wet strands of hair out of her face, let his hand rest tenderly on her cheek. "Thank you." He murmured, and he felt her cheek grow warm beneath his palm.

"I didn't do anything, Guk—" She insisted, but before she could finish, he leaned in and graced her lips with his own, a light pressure that made her melt in his arms. He slid his arms around her, moved so that he hovered over her. Though the position was mildly provocative, neither of them wanted to explore their sexual attraction to one another quite yet. Both were perfectly content with the innocent kisses, filled with passion and gratitude and something along the lines of love. Just the fact that they could freely touch one another and express the feelings they shared satisfied them beyond belief.

Now, at the hospital, Jeongguk feels more awake than ever. The bags under his eyes have diminished, and an incessant vitality seems to radiate from his rested skin. He's dressed in some clothes they purchased on the way to the hospital. Haneul tried to pay, but Jeongguk wouldn't allow it, so she settled on picking out his outfit. The blue jeans were tighter than he would have chosen for himself, but the casual white button-up didn't depart too far from what he usually wore. His wire glasses were perched on his nose, and his hair was mussed from Haneul's hands. In other words, he looked good. Well, great. "Fucking hot. Ridiculously attractive. You can definitely get it." According to Haneul. (He had asked, "Get what?" and she had laughed, cheeks flushing and mumbling a "never mind.")

"Holy shit." Hoseok repeats, staring in awe at his best friend. "Hyung, you look like a whole different person." He deadpans, and Jeongguk looks down shyly.

"The clothes are new. Haneul picked them." He says timidly, but Hoseok shakes his head.

"Not your clothes—your face. You're—honest to God, you're glowing. Literally, you're sparkling. What the fuck?" Hoseok rambles, radiant smile bright. He turns his attention to Haneul. "What the hell did you do to him?" He asks, and Haneul laughs. She leans to the side, wrapping arms around Jeongguk's muscular one. Her hand slides down his arm and intertwines with his.