urban dictionary

THINKIN BOUT YOU
FRANK OCEAN

I've been thinkin' 'bout you
Do you think about me still? Do ya, do ya?
Or do you not think so far ahead?
'Cause I been thinkin' 'bout forever

"Seokjin." Jeongguk sighs, to no response. "Seokjin, please. It is not that funny." He says, and Seokjin still doesn't respond. He's too busy laughing his ass off, hunched over the countertop with Jeongguk's phone in hand. Jeongguk let him read his conversation with Haneul, but he's kind of regretting it now. "Seokjin, we need to open in five minutes, customers will be here soon." He tries once more, and Seokjin finally attempts to catch his breath.

"Jeongguk, what the fuck?" Seokjin sighs out. "Do you not understand sarcasm? Jesus, I'm surprised the poor girl didn't block you on sight." He laughs out, and Jeongguk sighs. He would ask what "block" means, but he has a feeling Seokjin will only laugh.

"I do not, unfortunately—never mind. Pretend as if it was that I never asked." Jeongguk only murmurs, biting his lower lip. Seokjin's smile fades slightly as he realizes how Jeongguk really doesn't know any of the things he's asking about. Jeongguk is odd, Seokjin knows that. He's old fashioned, very naive, and too selfless to inconvenience anyone in clarifying what he's confused about. Jeongguk is an enigma, but one Seokjin is willing to figure out. The "older" man walks over to Jeongguk and puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey. I'm sorry, that was really insensitive of me." He apologizes, and Jeongguk's wide doe eyes look up at him.

"You've nothing to apologize for, sir." Jeongguk says quietly, and Seokjin smiles, too touched by the boy's humble and soft demeanor to scold him for calling him sir—he doubts that habit will ever break.

"Well, I have one piece of advice for you, Jeongukkie." Seokjin slides his arm around Jeongguk's shoulder and begins to walk with him to unlock the front door of the coffee shop.

"What is it?" Jeongguk asks.

"Urban Dictionary."

•••

Jeongguk returns home from work and the grocery store around 6 PM, like he always does. He makes dinner for one and drinks his banana milk as per usual. But when he sits down to eat, rather than grabbing his book like normal, he pulls out his phone. He hasn't checked it all day, and he has a feeling Haneul hasn't texted him. Being a surgeon sounds ridiculously demanding, he doubts she has the time to text him. At least, that's what he hopes the reason is, and not that he's naive and boring to talk to.

Instead of going to the dating app, he goes onto the internet and types in two words: Urban Dictionary.

The first thing that pops up on the screen is the Word of the Day.

YOLO
"Yolo" is the acronym for "you only live once". Life is short, unexpected, and full of surprise. You do not know what will happen tomorrow. Most of us want to live life to the utmost fullest, which means getting everything we can out of life.

"Huh." Jeongguk mumbles. He'd definitely have to use that one more often. "Fascinating." He navigates to other random words he sees on the website:

DUDEBRO
broad, technical term for guys who are bro-ish, dude-like, or exhibit otherwise man-centric behaviors and attitudes, especially those who use 'dude' and 'bro' incessantly. "Dudebro" is equivalent to "Brodude" in everyday usage.

LIT
When something is turned up or popping

Is this how guys "his age" talk nowadays? He finds it to sound barbaric, but he concludes that he'll have to adapt.