sleep

PRETTY LITTLE FEARS
6LACK feat. J. COLE

Now I just wanna know
Don't just sugar coat
Or say it all if you want
Now could you tell me like it is?
Pretty little fears
Music to my ears

I'm loving your light, vulnerable
Letting your guard down is honorable
'Specially when the past ain't been that friendly to you, but there's magic in that

The morning sun has faded to a late afternoon glow, and the two have moved to lay in Haneul's bed. She's snuggled up into Jeongguk's side, leg flung over his midsection and head resting comfortably on his chest, eyes closed with gentle snores escaping her lips. Her lips. Jeongguk smiles to himself, delicately caressing the plump, pink flesh of her bottom lip with the pad of his thumb. He could lie here for hours, holding her and memorizing every detail of her.

He promised her he'd try to sleep, but the idea of another nightmare is too frightening, so he settles for listening to her snores that he finds oddly endearing and letting her use him for a body pillow, which is just as satisfying in his opinion. Jeongguk smiles as she mumbles something intelligible in her sleep and holds him tighter, hand fisting in his shirt. Jeongguk's smile widens as he remembers she did that exact action not a few hours ago...

Haneul is stunned under the pressure of Jeongguk's lips against her own. To be honest, he's mildly surprised as well, not expecting himself to be brave enough for such a move. But he's relieved that he did, because then Haneul is kissing him back, and his heart is pounding and adrenaline is pumping through his veins. He places one hand on her freckled cheek and splays the other out on her waist as she clumsily moves her body from the curled up position its in on his lap to straddle his waist to reach him better, giggling softly against his lips all the while. She grips his shirt to keep from tumbling off his lap and onto the floor.

The kiss is sweet despite their mildly provocative position, and neither want it to go further than what's innocent. They both don't want to ruin the moment, too enthralled in the idea of familiarizing themselves with each other's bodies. She's soft and tastes like pancakes and maple syrup and everything Jeongguk's ever wanted. Like the stars and the moon and the sun all wrapped up into one relatively miniscule human being. One just the perfect size for Jeongguk to hold, one whose curves seem perfectly shaped to fit Jeongguk's hands.

When they finally pull back because they're out of oxygen, though they both feel as if they're soaring through their own personal atmosphere, Haneul's lips are a pretty shade of pink, and Jeongguk brushes his thumb over them. He's sure his cheeks are flushed the same color hers are, but he doesn't care. He's drunk on her taste and her touch and all the subtleties and little details about her, and she's high off the way he looks at her as if she's his entire universe.

"That was—that was pretty bold." Haneul breathes out, laughing breathlessly, and Jeongguk chuckles, smiling knowingly.

"I've been told I'm pretty brazen."

Jeongguk smiles to himself. He remembers the night Jimin first called him that, and, to his own surprise, he feels no guilt for moving on. He feels no remorse. Though he still misses Jimin more than words can describe, he isn't conflicted about being with Haneul in the slightest. "Don't give up, my dear. Your soulmate is out there yet, I feel it. You're too precious not to belong to someone, Jeonggukkie." He had said. The memory raises a new curiosity in Jeongguk's mind as he looks back down at Haneul as she slumbers on his chest.

Is she his soulmate? The thought is slightly riveting, yet slightly scary. He's lived this long without someone tied into his strings of fate, but maybe, Haneul was tied into them all along, and it just took this long for her to come along. But it feels right when he holds her, feels right when his lips touch hers, feels right when she laughs and smiles and talks about the things she loves. He recalls looking in the mirror this morning to doublecheck that his hair wasn't sticking up on all ends, and he didn't notice anything different, but he knows he won't age immediately.

Though he doesn't know where he gets it, he manages to stay hopeful. Even if she isn't destined to be his, he'd go through everything he went through with Jimin again if it means being together. All the pain and grief and mourning would be a small price to pay for being with her.

And then, Jeongguk is pulled out of his thoughts by a small hand on his cheek. It slides down his jaw and pulls him so he looks down at her and not at the ceiling. Her eyes are still sleepy, but she's smiling at him, and Jeongguk feels himself melting at the sight all over again. "Hi." She murmurs, voice textured with sleep.

"Hi. How was your nap?" He asks, using the arm that's around her to fondly caress her side.

"Good. Really good." She replies. "Warm. You're like a teddy bear, it's nice." She admits, and a pink blush dusts her freckled cheeks.

"It's just as enjoyable for me. You're adorable when you sleep. You snore. It's cute." He informs her, and she laughs, but then he sees a question form in her eyes.

"How long have you been up?" She asks. Ah, shit. He just blew his cover.

"Not long. Just a couple minutes." He tries to lie, but Haneul gives him a look, and his facade crumbles. "Okay, I didn't go to sleep." He admits, and Haneul frowns, reaching up to poke his cheek.

"Jeongguk, you promised." She sighs.

"I know, I did, I just—I'm not tired, that's all." He fibs again, but nothing gets past her.

"Jeongguk, your sleep schedule is atrocious. You're not even getting half the amount of recommended hours. You need to sleep." She insists, and Jeongguk scoffs good-naturedly.

"Okay, Dr. Choi. Thank you for your prescription." He teases, ducking down to kiss her sweet lips, partly because he's wanted to ever since she woke up, and partly to distract her. She complies for a few seconds, kissing back gently, but she withdraws sooner than Jeongguk would like.

"Jeongguk, I'm serious. You need to sleep more." She persists, and Jeongguk sighs.

"I know. It's just—hard. It's really difficult." He deadpans, remembering last nights nightmares all too vividly. Haneul's frown deepens, and she presses her lips to the side of his neck. She kisses her way up and stops just beneath his jaw, and it's comforting.

"I know. But...I want you to try, this is a good time for you to catch up on your hours. I'll be here the whole time, and I'll wake you up if you start to dream." She continues, and Jeongguk sighs. As much as he doesn't want to sleep, he's wrapped around her finger. If she wants him to, he really has no choice—not because she'll force him, but because he'll do anything she asks to see a smile on her face.

"Okay. I'll try." He sighs, laying back and settling into the pillows more. Haneul hums in appreciation and arranges the blankets around them, but then she pauses.

"Here." She says, sitting up against the headboard and patting her lap. Jeongguk furrows his eyebrows in confusion, and Haneul chuckles as she pulls him closer, moving his head to lay in her lap. Jeongguk laughs to himself, letting his muscles relax as she cards her fingers though his hair. "Sleep well, Guk." She murmurs, and Jeongguk manages a small smile before letting his drowsiness overcome him and shutting his eyes.

not youth related but you GUYS i just realized that i'm performing at carnegie hall in new york city the same day bts is in new york city for snl and we are LITERALLY going to be EIGHT MINUTES AWAY. EIGHT. IM GONNA CRY.

unfortunately this also means having to try not to annoy the other girls in my hotel room when the album drops but fuckkk i'm so excited

edited 05/07/20