Sign

I stopped Minseok's kiss and said, "I'm sorry, Kim Minseok-ssi... I can't do this... I must stay virgin until he comes to me." Minseok asked, "He?" I touched my pendant and said with a sad smile, "He promised me that he would come back to me and marry me." 

"Only a stupid girl believes in what he said

"Only a stupid girl believes in what he said. He has left you and he won't come back to you. You should stop waiting for him," said Minseok. "No! He will come back to me for sure! I know it, because he promised me! Because he loves me," I argued. "There is no such thing as love. Everything in this world needs money, not love," said Minseok, then he left me.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Until when you are going to stay here? I thought you didn't like to stay with people like them," said Chanyeol. "Yes, I wanna leave if I have the chance but Kim Minseok places his man by my side, so it's not easy to leave here," I said with a helpless sigh. Chanyeol said sadly, "I wish I have power to help you get out of here." I smiled at Chanyeol and said, "Don't worry, I will find my way to get out of here."

"O! I just realized that your pendant logo is the same as the mark on Kim Junmyeon's palm when he was found dead," Chanyeol said while staring at my pendant. I asked in shock, "Really???" Chanyeol nodded, then he searched for the articles about Junmyeon's death on his smartphone then showed it to me. I was shocked when I saw the mark on Junmyeon's right palm, it was exactly the same as the logo of my pendant. 

"Is that you?

"Is that you?...  Are you giving me a sign that you have come back to Seoul?... If it's really you, why didn't you come to see me?... Where are you now?... How long I should wait until you come to me?... I have been waiting for you for 16 years," I said in my heart with a doubt, then I sunk in my thoughts.

Throwback to 16 years ago.

"Do it once again!... Being a wallet thief is not only to steal someone's wallet but you need to do it without them realizing it or you will get caught. What a useless girl! Watch me," said the guy who raised me, I called him uncle.

My uncle demonstrated how to steal someone's wallet. I tried to do it like my uncle did but I just couldn't do it properly, maybe because I was too young. My uncle punished me, I wasn't allowed to eat dinner until I can do it right.

My uncle's subordinate came with a boy. "Boss, I found this boy near the abandoned building. He said he has no parents and has no place to go, so I bring him here," said my uncle's subordinate. My uncle asked the boy, "What's your name?" The boy stayed silent. 

Suddenly the boy's stomach growled. My uncle smirked and said, "You can eat those foods on the table if you can do what I do. Watch me." "Oh no! That's my dinner," I said in my heart while looking at my dinner on the table. My uncle demonstrated how to steal the wallet and the boy succeeded in one try. My uncle laughed satisfied, then he told the boy to eat my dinner. 

I watched the boy eating my dinner while gulping my saliva. My uncle asked me, "You must be hungry, huh?" I nodded with a hope my uncle would allow me to eat dinner. My uncle kicked my butt and said, "If you want to eat, try to be smart like him!" 

After the boy finished eating dinner, my uncle and his subordinate took the boy with them, they made the boy steal the wallet for them. I lay down on the floor while thinking sadly, "Dad, why did you leave a huge debt before you die?... Mom, why did you sell me to the bad guy?... I don't want to live my life like this."

The boy returned past midnight. He woke me up and gave me a bread while saying, "For you... You must be hungry because you didn't get to eat dinner." "Thank you," I said, then I ate the bread ravenously. 

The boy asked, "What's your name?" "Park Sarang," I replied while munching the bread. "What a lovely name, just like you... Don't worry, I will teach you slowly until you can do it," said the boy. I asked, "What's your name?" "Sorry, I can't tell you my name. I have to keep my identity secret or I will be killed," said the boy. I nodded in understanding.

The boy asked, "Sarang, how old are you?" "I'm 10 years old," I answered. "You can call me oppa because I am older than you. I'm 14 years old," said the boy. I called the boy with a smile, "Oppa..." The boy smiled and petted my head twice.

6 months later, the boy told me that he had to leave town because his life was in danger. The boy showed me a pair of necklaces. 

"My parents bought these necklaces for me and my younger sister

"My parents bought these necklaces for me and my younger sister... But before I could give it to my younger sister, she was kidnapped and killed. I will give you the heart shaped one because your name is Sarang (love). I will come back to find you when I think I am safe enough to return here. I still can't tell you my name but you will be able to recognize me by my pendant, right?" said the boy. The boy wore the necklace with circle shaped pendant, then he wore the necklace with heart shaped pendant on my neck.

I asked in tears, "Oppa will really come back to me, right?" The boy smiled and said, "Oppa will definitely find you and return to your side because oppa wants to marry you when you grow up later." And the boy disappeared without a trace since then, even my uncle and his subordinate couldn't find him.

Back to the present.

I flinched from my reverie when Chanyeol suddenly kissed me.