4

Virgil

I full screen the movie, hugging Vivi with one arm. Only Logan and I are home right now. Princey and Pat went shopping. Logan is working on things in his room, so I don't have to worry about him walking in. 

I have Tumblr open on my phone, so I'm talking to T on there. He's telling me about how he went shopping today and is sending me pictures of what he got. I'm kind of jealous of him. He doesn't have to hide and he has a caregiver too. 

When I look to see if he sent anything else, there are some more pictures of stuffies and pajamas, but he sent another text. 'm sorry, i forgots you has to hide your stuffs'

'is okay. i dont mind'

'why do you hide it from your roommates?'

'scared'

'?'

'i dont wants them to make fun of me'

'are there any who you think wont?'

I don't  answer right away, but I know the answer. I'm not sure how Logan would react. Princey would probably use it against me. Patton... he's always said he loves us after everything we've told him 'bout us. 

'yes'

'why dont you tell him'

I go to type, but there are three knocks at my door then Logan's voice, "Virgil? Patton has asked me to get you so that you can help with dinner." No, no, no, no, no. They shouldn't be home yet. Logan shouldn't be done with his work yet. 

I send a quick 'be back, someone knocking' before shutting off my phone and closing my laptop. "Virgil, may I come in?" 

I start to panic, throwing my blanket over myself, hiding Vivi under my blanket and my paci under my pillow. I close my eyes, pretending to be asleep. 

Please don't let him come in, please don't let him come in. I hear my door open and close. He came in. Footsteps, then my bed dips in front of me. "I know for a fact you aren't asleep." 

Logan

"I know for a fact you aren't asleep." Virgil opens his eyes, looking panicked as he sits up. I don't understand why he would be panicking. "Unless you're trying to get out of helping Pat, then there's no reason to pretend to be sle-..." I notice something black and furry sticking out from underneath the blanket.

I pull it out to see that it's a stuffed cat, like the one that he has for his Tumblr profile picture. For some reason this appears to make Virgil even more panicked. It doesn't take long for me to put it all together. 

"Virgil, how old are you?" He nervously holds up three fingers. "Who is this?" I ask, holding up the stuffed cat. "V-Vivi..." I can hear the difference in his voice. I hand him 'Vivi' and he almost immediately pulls the stuffed animal into a hug. 

"What's wrong?" He's been on edge this entire time. "Y-you don't th-think 'm weiwd?" He asks. 

I wasn't expecting that exact answer, but I expected some sort of him being scared that I found out. "No, why would you think that? Granted this is new to me and something that might take time for me to fully understand, you are still Virgil. You don't have to feel like you need to hide it from me. And I'm sure that Patton and Roman would both agree." 

He starts to tear up, unable to form a response other than "T'ank you". Even I have to admit that this is adorable. "Would you like me to bring you something? Food? Something to drink?" I ask, knowing that he won't want to leave his room to get these things himself. "J-juice, pwease." I nod and stand up. "Apple or orange?" 

I can see a shared look of panic and joy on his face. "A-apple."I nod again, leaving the room. When I reach the kitchen, Roman and Patton start questioning me as to the whereabouts of Virgil. "He isn't feeling well and doesn't wish to make anybody else ill. It took quite a bit of convincing from me for him to allow me to help aid him." I lie, opening the fridge to retrieve the apple juice.

After pouring a glass and asking the two not to bother Virgil 'as he's unwell', I return to his room. When I walk in I see Virgil typing on his phone, holding Vivi close to him and sucking his thumb.

I close the door behind me, setting down the glass on his bedside table before sitting down next to him. "Virge, that's not good for you." I tell him, gently pulling his thumb out of his mouth. "S-sowry." He apologizes, looking down in embarrassment. 

"Do you usually do that?" I sure hope not. It's his preference whether or not he does that but at the same time, it could make him sick if there's any germs. He shakes his head no. He glaces over at his pillow and, following his glance, I notice that there is something very obviously hidden underneath. His pillows are fairly thin since he's neglected to purchase new ones after a while. 

I reach underneath, pulling out an adult sized pacifier. "Wonder who this could belong to." I give a small smile, making sure that he knows I am only joking around. I don't usually, but I want him to know that I am in fact okay with his regression. 

I wasn't expecting the small giggle that comes from my usually anxious, dark and brooding friend. "M-me!" I don't think I ever considered that he could appear so happy. 

Before I can forget, I remind him that his juice is right there. However, I realize that in this headspace he is probably too young to be drinking out of the glass. "Virge, do you have any water bottles or sippy cups that I can put your juice into? You're too young to be using this glass by yourself." 

He slides off his bed, reaching under his bed and pulling out a medium sized box. He hands it to me before sitting back down. The entire time he does not set down Vivi once. I'm sad to see that it only contains a couple of water bottles, one adult sized pacifier, a coloring book and a 64 pack of Crayola crayons. He's been depriving himself of 'little gear' (as I've seen it been called) because he was scared of us finding out. 

I pull out the water bottle with cartoon dinosaurs on it, deciding to pour the apple juice into this one. Virgil happily takes the drink from me when I hand it to him and basically starts to chug it. "Not too fast, you'll get sick or you'll get the hiccups." He slows down after I tell him that. 

"Would you like me to get you your food when Patton and Roman are finished cooking?" He stops to take a breath, nodding. "Alright, but I think that you should tell them." He becomes anxious again, shaking his head 'no'. "Virgil, they both care about your well-being and this won't change our friendships. Not to mention that Roman would be more than happy to color and watch movies with you and that Patton is always taking care of us as if we're his kids anyways."

He shifts, playing with the sleeve of his onesie. "Otay..."

"Perhaps we could go shopping soon as well. From what I saw, you don't have many Little items. And I'm sure that Vivi would like another friend or two." I suggest, referring to Vivi as if it is a live animal. This makes Virgil happy and excited again. "W-weally?" I nod. 

I pick up the pacifier off of his comforter again, and hold it sticking out towards him. "Open up." He does and follows the pacifier around as I pretend to fly it around like an airplane before allowing him to take it from me. 

I hear a muffled "T'ank 'ou, Logie" and see him smile. That is... too cute to handle, even for me.