8

Skipping to the next day because I'm lazy- Author

Patton

"Virge! I'm back!" I yell, making sure that Virge will be able to hear me. I don't get an answer, so I just walk upstairs to my room so that I can change out of my uniform. 

Once I'm dressed in my usual blue polo and jeans (with my cat hoodie around my neck of course), I walk over to Virge's room and knock on the door. "Virge? Are you in there?" I can hear something playing quietly, so he has to be in there. Right after I knock, there's a gasp and something thuds. 

I open the door, hoping that it wasn't Virge who fell. It was. The first thing I see when I walk in his room is him tangled in his blankets, on the floor. I laugh a little when I see this. 

"Do you need help, kiddo?" He looks my way and nods. I can already tell that he woke up feeling small. I help him out of his blankets to find him wearing a fluffy Eeyore onesie. "Let's get you dressed so we can go shopping, okay?" 

No One

"Get dis?" Virgil asks Patton, pointing at a sippy cup with dinosaurs on it. Patton nods, telling him that he can and lets Virgil grab it. "You really like dinosaurs, don't you, kiddo?" Pat asks. 

Virgil nods, getting an idea. He roars at Patton, holding up his hands like they're claws. Patton pretends to be scared, holding up his hands in mock surprise and letting out a semi-quiet "Ah!" Virge giggles, holding the sippy cup close. 

"I scawe you?" Virge asks. Pat nods, smiling at how cute his roommate is when in littlespace. He takes a look at what Virgil has picked out so far, which didn't really seem like too much. Virge had only picked out a couple pacifiers with matching clips (they had to find those separately), two sippy cups and one coloring book. 

"Virge, you can pick out more if you want." Patton tells him, making sure that his tone of voice is comforting since he knows how anxious Virgil can get. "Don't wan' spends too much." 

Patton smiles, setting his hand onto Virgil's shoulder, making eye contact with him. "Don't worry about that, kiddo. We all are pitching in money to buy these things for you." Virgil mutters a semi-quiet "T'ank 'ou", looking down at the sippy cup in his hands. 

Not even a second later he looks back up at Patton. "'at'on, 'iggy back?" Patton repeats the question to him, making sure that he heard him right, to which Virgil responds with a nod. Patton crouches down, helping Virgil get on his back and then stands up again, heading back to the aisle they found the coloring book at. 

It took a bit more convincing in order to get Virgil to pick out any more, but he ended up choosing two more, adding them to the cart. "Do you want to get any little foods, kiddo?" Patton asks, turning to look at the boy on his back. Virgil just shakes his head, hiding in his hood and the hoodie around Patton's neck. "You just wanna leave?" 

Virgil starts to nod, but then realizes the one thing they haven't gotten. "What 'bout fwiend fow Vivi?" He looks at Patton, who just smiles. "I didn't forget about her, we're gonna go somewhere else to get her a friend." After saying that, Patton remembers something that he did forget. 

"Virge, I need to ask you something, and I need you to answer with the truth, okay?" Virgil nods, resting his chin on Patton's shoulder. "Do you ever have accidents?" Virgil hides his face in the hoodie again, feeling his face go red. "Dunno, nevew had t' go." 

Patton tries not to 'awe' at how shy his roommate is. "Well, I think we should get you some diapees. Just in case you need them, okay, kiddo?" Virgil just nods, feeling too flustered to try and argue. 

It takes him about ten minutes, but Patton finds the last of what they need and heads to the checkout. Since the store is mainly empty, there was no wait. 

The cashier looks at the items before looking at Virgil, who is still hiding. Something clicks in her mind, putting two and two together. She leans on the counter. "Hey little guy, what's your name?" 

Her question confuses Patton for a moment and Virgil just shakes his head, not wanting to even look up. "How'd you-?" She smiles, explaining that a friend of hers is a little as well and the items they're buying gave it away. 

Patton nods,  looking at Virgil the best he can. "C'mon kiddo, it's okay." Virgil shakes his head again. "Don't you wanna show off that cool makeup?" Patton had helped him earlier with his eye shadow, but didn't dare try and help with the foundation. There's not any sort of response from Virgil as he starts debating whether or not to stop hiding.

"Ooh, can I see?" The cashier asks. Virgil whines, moving his head out of Patton's hoodie. "O.m.g., I love it. Did you do it all by yourself?" She asks. Virgil shakes his head, "Had help". 

Patton smiles at the sight of his shy, little roommate talking with the cashier. 

"Who helped you, little one?" She asks, almost completely forgetting the items on the counter. "'at'on." Patton stops himself from awing at how Virgil pronounced his name, clarifying  for the cashier that it was him. 

She nods. "Well that was very nice of him." Virgil nods, starting to get more comfortable talking to her. "By the way, my name is Emma." She smiles, holding her hand out for either of them to shake. Virgil basically jumps at the chance, leaning over Patton's shoulder. "Viwgil."

Emma repeats what he said, making sure that she heard him right and Virgil nods. "Would you like a lollipop, Virgil?" She asks, remembering that they keep lollipops in the registers for young kids. Virgil looks at Patton as if asking for permission. 

"It's okay with me, but what do you say, kiddo?" 

Virgil turns to Emma. "Pwease?" She smiles, getting a lollipop and handing it to him. Patton helps him open it before turning back to the counter. Emma remembers that the items are there and what she was going to say. 

"So, the thing is... the pacifiers and sippy cups will be too small for him. You could probably find something for him online." Patton nods in understanding, "Thanks." She nods, offering to put the sippy cups and pacifiers back for them. 

It isn't until she starts moving them off the counter that Virgil, who was focused on the candy, realized what was happening. "'ino!" He reaches over Patton, trying to grab the sippy cup. "Kiddo, we'll get you another one online, okay?" Patton says, trying to keep his roommate from being too upset. "But- but... dino..." 

"We'll find you a dino just like that one. I'll take a picture so we don't forget, okay?" That convinces Virgil and Patton takes the picture.  

Patton thanks Emma as she hands him the bag, having paid not long after convincing Virgil, before carrying both the bag (which was just big enough to fit everything) and Virgil back to the car.

Sorry this chapter took so long, I kept getting super busy whenever I went to write. Also, I'm not used to writing in third person, so I'm sorry if the quality went down - Author