11

Patton

Once I see Jay, I chuckle. Tyler put a tiara on his head and he's sitting on the floor as a part of a circle of stuffed animals. I didn't even know we had a tiara (it's probably Roman's) and I have no clue where all of these stuffed animals came from because I only recognize one or two.

I open my mouth to say something, but stop when there's suddenly crying from upstairs. Everybody is already down here and awake, other than Virgil.

I don't let anybody else have the chance to stand up because I immediately get off the couch and rush upstairs. 

When I open the door to Virge's room the first thing I see is him sitting up, hugging Vivi as close as possible and starting to cough from crying. As soon as he sees me, Virge whimpers, making grabby hands towards me and says something close to my name while babbling. 

I walk over, picking him up and bouncing him on my hip. "It's okay, kiddo, it's okay." I look around for his binky, spotting it on the floor. Okay, gonna need a clean one. I squat down and pull the box out from under Virge's bed. We put it back after Logan showed us and luckily there's still the other binky in the box. After grabbing it, I hold it out for him, which he happily takes. 

But he still whimpers from behind it. It takes a moment, but I notice what could be bugging him. "Kiddo, do you need a new diaper?" He just looks at me and pokes my cheek. 

I set Virge down for no more than a second before he starts making grabby hands towards me, looking like he might burst into tears at any moment. I try bouncing him on my hip again, but he holds on tight, crying into my shirt and wrapping his legs around me. 

I sit down on the couch, rubbing his back and moving him so that he's on my lap instead of on my side. This doesn't seem to calm him down though. Wait, if he just woke up then there could only be a few things wrong. 

"Lo, can you get me some applesauce and a spoon?" Lo nods, heading to the kitchen and then coming back with a small bowl of applesauce and one of our smaller spoons. Since he can see that I can't take either from him, Lo sets them both down to my left. "Thank you." I move Virge so he can't hide in my shirt. 

I somehow get Virge to give up the binky, so I get a spoonful of applesauce and hold it out to him. When he sees the food, he calms down a little bit and lets me feed him the applesauce. I decide to be fun and pretend that the spoon is an airplane. He seems to like this because he starts giggling. 

Honestly, I didn't think that this boy could get any cuter. But he is full of surprises. 

After the bowl is empty I give him his binky back and set him down on the floor.

Tyler scoots over to Virge, who looks up at me then back at Tyler, babbling. "Tyler, be gentle. V is younger than you right now." Jay explains. The other little nods and offers Virge a stuffed puppy. Virge only tilts his head, looking at it in confusion until Tyler puts the stuffed animal in his arms.

"Daddy, look!" Tyler smiles, looking up at Jay. "That was very nice of you, baby." 

The two of them are completely fine for almost an hour, only asking for a drink or snack. Tyler is super gentle with Virge too, making sure that he doesn't do anything that could upset Virge. 

Which is why I'm so startled and confused when Virge suddenly starts crying. I jump out of my seat though, picking him up and trying to think of what could be wrong. He just ate not that long ago, so it isn't that. I just checked not even five minutes ago to see if he needed a diaper, it isn't that. He just woke up an hour ago, but I wouldn't put it past him to be tired again. 

I look around, hoping to find something that could help, only to find that his binky fell on the ground. Carefully, I walk over and pick it up, carrying both it and Virge to the kitchen so that I can wash it off. 

Once washed, I give it back to Virgil and almost immediately he calms down, snuggling his face into my shirt. 

Absolutely adorable.

Shorter chapter, sorry. I'm also sorry that this took so long to come out, I haven't been able to write -Author