14

~One Week Later~

Virgil

I watch as my phone vibrates on the nightstand next to my bed, but I don't any effort to answer it. I can't bring myself to care who it is. I can't even bring myself to get out of bed to get something to eat. It stops. Whoever was calling either gave up or got sent to voicemail.

Instead of literally anything productive, I just pull my covers up more.

Not even five minutes later, somebody is knocking at my door. And since I say absolutely nothing, they just walk in after saying they're going to. Both them walking in and them saying this reveals that it's Patton; the last person I want to talk to right now. He didn't do anything, I just don't think that I'm able to keep myself together.

He sits himself down next to/in front of me, rubbing my back. "Joan just called. They were concerned since you haven't been picking up and you've seemed depressed at work."

As much as I appreciate their concern, why and how did they call Patton?

"We're a bit concerned too. You've been staying in your room and, as far as we know, you haven't felt little in a week. We don't know what's wrong, kiddo."

Please just go away. I don't want to deal with this right now. I can't deal with this right now.

"Talk to me, Virge. What's wrong?"

"I'm fine, Pat." I lie, hoping that he'll buy it even though I am very obviously not okay. "Virge, please. I want to help, but I can't if you don't talk to me."

I want to pull my blanket up further, but I can't. Him sitting there is holding my blanket in place. "Pat, I'm fine. I just want to be left alone." He goes to say something else, but is cut off by me. "Please, Pat! I just- I want to be alone..."

This startles him, he doesn't even try to hide it. I can tell that this also upsets him. I don't want to upset him. I feel so bad because just seeing Pat upset by a movie hurts. So, seeing that I upset him...

I open my mouth to apologize, but he stands up. "I'll- I'll leave you be then." And with that, he walks out.

I knock on the door, hoping that he'll open it. Which he does, seeming a bit upset when he sees me standing here. "I-... I was wondering if you're still willing to talk?"

He smiles a little, nodding and letting me into his room. We both sit on his bed. "I- I'm sorry. You didn't do anything and you were just trying to help. I'm just-..."

"It's okay, kiddo. Lemme guess, boy troubles?" I nod, messing with the end of my sleeve. "How-.. How'd you know?" He wraps an arm around me. "I've known you for a long time, Virgil. The only times I've seen you this upset is over a boy. What happened, kiddo?"

I bite my lip, leaning on his shoulder. He's the one I'm on the verge of crying over and yet he's still able to make me feel better. "I-... I was goin' to tell 'im... but he-... I overheard him talking. He likes someone else."

Patton

I hate seeing Virgil upset, especially by something like this. I know how it feels and it really sucks. "Well, why do you think that? Did he say that he liked someone else?" Even though I don't doubt that he has a good reason to think this, I also know that Virge is very quick to jump to conclusions.

"Well... no. He didn't." He starts to think and I can hear in his voice how he's starting to realize what I'm talking about. "Then you can't know for sure that he likes somebody else. You have a chance." I can feel him nod. "When you get the chance, I say that you make your move."

It's really quiet for a moment and I'm about to say something, but stop when I hear him mutter "It's you." (which I almost didn't hear). "Wh-.. what?" Did I hear him right?

I look down as well as I can and see that he's playing with the end of his sleeve while looking away from me. "It's you... you're the boy." My eyes widen. He-... he likes me? But, I thought that he likes Roman.

"You like me?" He nods and I swear I probably have never been happier. "Can I tell you something?" He nods again. "I like you too."

He looks up at me, apparently shocked. "Really?" I nod, smiling.

Author's Note: I'm so so so sorry that it took so long for this chapter to come out, I didnt realize that the last chapter was published in March O_O. I've been having trouble finishing chapters for my stories and just writing in general. I'm already starting the next chapter and it should be out quicker than this one was.